Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Very last balloon baby quilt

Posted by mary_c (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 17:05

I know I've posted multiple variations of this quilt before, but this is the very last one. I'm totally out of my beloved hot-air balloon fabric, sob! Ah, well, you can't have your fabric and sew with it too!

This one will find a home with my cleaning couple. They are expecting their first baby girl in July.

balloons 7 photo 014_zpsd7dbae12.jpg

Close-up:
balloons 2 photo 005_zps2cde3ebd.jpg

Border close-up:
ballons 4 photo 007_zpsc3d0734b.jpg

Backing:
balloons back 2 photo 009_zpse6f0847f.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Very last balloon baby quilt

Very nice! I can see why you loved that fabric.

o

What an adorable quilt. I love the quilting too.

o

Mary, You'll find another fabric to serve the purpose, and you will make quilts with it looking just as adorable.

SharonG/FL

(Edited as I wrote Teresa instead of Mary.....I read balloon and thought bubbles) :-(

This post was edited by geezerfolks on Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 23:39

o

I like hot air balloons too. I keep photo of some we watched posted in front of me as I work on the computer.
The fabric is so much fun for your baby quilts. So many color choices to work with. I hope you find something as stimulating. I know the little ones appreciate the bright colors and your great work. Don't be too sad because it holds loving memories.

o

Gosh Mary,

It's terrific work, just charming. Love the balloons & the simple but effective way you worked w/ them. The close ups & excellent pix made it yummier & yummier to me. Great combo of fabrics. Thx for the show.

o

I have loved all your balloon quilts. So pretty and wonderful for a baby boy or girl.

o

Love the balloon fabric and the quilt! Nice work quilting too!

Teresa

o

It's adorable!
I agree with pirate girl...simple but charmingly effective.
I love the quilting.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

You will just have to find another cute fabric to become your new Favorite Go-To---but the balloons were perfect for all kid sizes!
It is hard to find a design that is timeless.
As always, cute quilt. I like the backing fabric also.

o

Perfect for a boy or girl with different color four patches. As everyone else said, simple but charming. Nice work.

o

I love hot air balloons. That's a very beautiful baby quilt!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Just loved it !!

o

Well done! I can see why you're sorry to be out of the fabric, but it's spreading lots of joy and leaving room in your stash at the same time ;-)
LindaB/CA

o

I can see why you love that fabric... Adorable!
V.

o

I agree it's perfect for a boy or girl. Actually, I would like one too lol!!!!
Really cheerful, adorable quilt.
Rosa

o

Thanks for all the compliments!

When I found that fabric, I bought all on the bolt - about 7 yards. Even though I fussy-cut the balloons, they were spaced nicely, so there was little waste.

Alas, fabric manufacturers discontinue patterns every year or two. So I will be on the look-out for another feature fabric. I saw one a few weeks ago with fairies on it, in an appropriate size - but realized if I centered one fairy, several others would be decapitated, LOL, and that bothered me enough to pass on that one.

o

I agree, cutting a balloon in half is not a big deal. Decapitating a fairy might look a little off! LOL

Thanks for sharing your quilt. I'm sure your cleaning couple will be excited to receive such a nice gift.

o

The balloons have been wonderful, but I know you'll find something else that works. As always, your quilts are beautiful and the quilting is perfect for the design. I love this circular quilting pattern!

Kate

o

Like rosajoe, I would love a hot air balloon quilt myself! Glad you mentioned decapitating fairies. I have a Japanese geisha print and I was about to decapitate them too. Maybe I should rethink that. Beautiful quilting pattern too. Looks like air moving...............

o

Mary, your balloon fabric is in a store here. Want me to buy you more? I have to make a trip over there next week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here