Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_c_gw

Very last balloon baby quilt

mary_c_gw
10 years ago

I know I've posted multiple variations of this quilt before, but this is the very last one. I'm totally out of my beloved hot-air balloon fabric, sob! Ah, well, you can't have your fabric and sew with it too!

This one will find a home with my cleaning couple. They are expecting their first baby girl in July.

Close-up:

Border close-up:

Backing:

Comments (20)

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

Very nice! I can see why you loved that fabric.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

What an adorable quilt. I love the quilting too.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Mary, You'll find another fabric to serve the purpose, and you will make quilts with it looking just as adorable.

SharonG/FL

(Edited as I wrote Teresa instead of Mary.....I read balloon and thought bubbles) :-(

This post was edited by geezerfolks on Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 23:39

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I like hot air balloons too. I keep photo of some we watched posted in front of me as I work on the computer.
    The fabric is so much fun for your baby quilts. So many color choices to work with. I hope you find something as stimulating. I know the little ones appreciate the bright colors and your great work. Don't be too sad because it holds loving memories.

• User
    10 years ago

Gosh Mary,

It's terrific work, just charming. Love the balloons & the simple but effective way you worked w/ them. The close ups & excellent pix made it yummier & yummier to me. Great combo of fabrics. Thx for the show.

• new2quilting
    10 years ago

I have loved all your balloon quilts. So pretty and wonderful for a baby boy or girl.

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Love the balloon fabric and the quilt! Nice work quilting too!

Teresa

• day2day
    10 years ago

It's adorable!
    I agree with pirate girl...simple but charmingly effective.
    I love the quilting.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

You will just have to find another cute fabric to become your new Favorite Go-To---but the balloons were perfect for all kid sizes!
    It is hard to find a design that is timeless.
    As always, cute quilt. I like the backing fabric also.

• fran1523
    10 years ago

Perfect for a boy or girl with different color four patches. As everyone else said, simple but charming. Nice work.

• User
    10 years ago

I love hot air balloons. That's a very beautiful baby quilt!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

Just loved it !!

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Well done! I can see why you're sorry to be out of the fabric, but it's spreading lots of joy and leaving room in your stash at the same time ;-)
    LindaB/CA

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

I can see why you love that fabric... Adorable!
    V.

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

I agree it's perfect for a boy or girl. Actually, I would like one too lol!!!!
    Really cheerful, adorable quilt.
    Rosa

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments!

When I found that fabric, I bought all on the bolt - about 7 yards. Even though I fussy-cut the balloons, they were spaced nicely, so there was little waste.

Alas, fabric manufacturers discontinue patterns every year or two. So I will be on the look-out for another feature fabric. I saw one a few weeks ago with fairies on it, in an appropriate size - but realized if I centered one fairy, several others would be decapitated, LOL, and that bothered me enough to pass on that one.

• lola99
    10 years ago

I agree, cutting a balloon in half is not a big deal. Decapitating a fairy might look a little off! LOL

Thanks for sharing your quilt. I'm sure your cleaning couple will be excited to receive such a nice gift.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

The balloons have been wonderful, but I know you'll find something else that works. As always, your quilts are beautiful and the quilting is perfect for the design. I love this circular quilting pattern!

Kate

• calliope
    10 years ago

Like rosajoe, I would love a hot air balloon quilt myself! Glad you mentioned decapitating fairies. I have a Japanese geisha print and I was about to decapitate them too. Maybe I should rethink that. Beautiful quilting pattern too. Looks like air moving...............

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Mary, your balloon fabric is in a store here. Want me to buy you more? I have to make a trip over there next week.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz