o
Monkey Bars Quilt

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 17:05

The monkey bars quilt I just finished.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monkey Bars Quilt

that is just amazing. I love the geometry of it and the black stripes sure set it off.

o

Jayne, how beautiful is that!! I love the pattern and the fabrics you used. Are those what are called setting triangles? It's very dramatic. Nice job. Lois

o

This is from a Kit of Timeless treasure fabrics that I got from Paducah of KY. I too like the pattern but discovered that it has a number of error. I contacted the designer and she sent corrections but I feel for anyone who doesn't have them.
Yes, those are setting triangles. Construction was not difficult but does have partial seams.
Thank you for your kind comments.

o

This is from a Kit of Timeless treasure fabrics that I got from Paducah of KY. I too like the pattern but discovered that it has a number of error. I contacted the designer and she sent corrections but I feel for anyone who doesn't have them.
Yes, those are setting triangles. Construction was not difficult but does have partial seams.
Thank you for your kind comments.

o

That's beautiful! I love the colors in this. Great job!

o

You did a beautiful job on this quilt, it looks awesome!!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Awesome! I have been looking at the quilt peeping out at me from the corner of the Paducah catalog for some time now. The catalog is situated so that is the only part of the cover I see, and I think how cool this quilt is every single time I pass by it! You did a wonderful job making it.
Too bad about the errors and the problems. This should not happen, but a quilter with your experience can -- and did--make it work. I love your quilt!!!!

o

I'm dizzy looking at it. What a cool design. It lends itself to possibilities for colour variations. Glad you contacted the designer - otherwise they would not have known. Some designers have others test the patterns for them before distributing. Thank heaven's for your experience to get through it.

o

Jayne - GORGEOUS!!! I would love to make one with the color's you have chose, guess I will add it to my ever growing 'wish' list LOL
Marie

o

Jayne, that is a beautiful quilt!
I like the colors but I especially like the pattern.
You did a great job with it.
TFS.

~Geraldine
Off to Timeless Treasures website to check this out.

o

That is beautiful and very striking to look at!
Karlene

o

This is lovely. You've done a great job with the million matching seams. The pattern really shows off the striking fabric.
Vasu

o

Very cool quilt! Interesting color scheme...I've seen lots of black, yellow and white that don't do much for me, but I like the more subtle yellow/gold a lot!

Donna

o

What a beautiful quilt! Absolutely striking, and you did a wonderful job on it. I probably would never have picked those fabrics for that pattern, but they are perfect! TFS

o

WOW!!! That is an amazing quilt. I love the color pallette.

o

Very dramatic! I like the color pallet and the fabrics. Great choices!

o

My kind of colors... love the dark accents, it just makes the quilt. It's just lovely, very striking!
V.

o

Beautiful quilt & I love the colors!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here