Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

UFO baby quilt ready to go (pic)

toolgranny
11 years ago

I keep putting this one off but the baby is due in August in Germany so I put it at the top of the list. I'm glad to get it done and the FMQ warms me up for other things.

Not my best photography but fabric is 30s style. The basic layout is a published pattern and I just added the animal faces myself with needle turn applique. It's a very easy project.

This has been washed and dried so looks a bit puffy. I have to do this to convince them it's okay to wash it. They still have the Chubby Chicks for the first baby and are afraid to let her use it because it might get dirty. Well, duh. So this time I'll prove it before I send it.

Comments (17)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Well, that's a darn cute quilt! It looks like a variation of Atkinson Designs' Slide Show. Love the animals peeking out!

I have a friend who is "saving" the baby quilts I made for her kids...I think till they are big enough to not spill stuff on them. I've told her over and over they are cotton and machine washable and dryable, but I think she still has them packed away. :(

Donna

• loisflan
    11 years ago

The quilt is so adorable! I really like the pattern, and the animal faces were a clever addition. Very nice work.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

How cute is that ?!?! I love the animal faces and the cheerful colors.

• karpet
    11 years ago

That is very cute!
    Karlene

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Love it!!!

• polardream
    11 years ago

Linda, that is the cutest quilt! I love your little applique animals - really makes the quilt. I hope they enjoy it.
    Sue

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Well isn't that just the most darling thing?!

I always wash mine first ( to make sure it doesn't fall apart! lol) and encourage the quilts be used!

You can't dictate what the recipients do with it though. My brother/SIL have my niece's quilt hanging on the wall like art. I'd rather it be used, but I guess it's a compliment to think they see it as art.?

You can only prove it's washable; you can't make them wash it!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

That is a darling quilt. I love the way the sashing is done and the animals are perfect! I don't usually wash my quilts but it is a good idea. Like Jennifer I have had may of mine put on display rather then used. When it leaves it no longer belongs.lol.TFS

• calliope
    11 years ago

I love it........and when I got to the picture of the backing, that nailed it. Perfect.

Laughing, because the baby quilt I made the latest g'child is still folded up in the closet. I don't think he has ever seen it and he's now 2-1/2. I'm not offended, because I heard her utter something like 'Oh it's too nice to really use' when she opened it. Yeah, I had washed it as well. One of these days when I'm babysitting, maybe I'll hunt for it and let him decide if he wants to use it, instead of saving it for one of his kids. LOL.

• day2day
    11 years ago

That is so cute!
    I like it a lot.
    I have made 2 small quilt in a variation of the
    slide show pattern.(not sure but I think that's the name of it)
    I like the pattern as is but the animal faces
    really add to it.
    Wonderful job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Oh so cute! Love the sashing! That would work well with some redwork/bluework, or that multicolored thread I haven't used yet.

Off to google that Atkinson Slide Show design - thanks for the great idea!

Teresa

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

That is sooo adorable! The animal faces are precious. Excellent job!!! Thanks for sharing.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Your quilt is darling. The animals are so cute. It is bright and cheery and they will love it. The 30's prints are perfect for this baby quilt.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

I love it! Many of mine are put up in closets too. I made one for a great niece and my sister told her she would ruin it if she used it.

Your applique looks perfect!
    Rosa

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That is sooo cute. Great work Linda as usual.

• User
    11 years ago

I think it's adorable especially with the animals on it. Thanks for sharing a photo of it.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• User
    11 years ago

I love it too, the peeking critters are just great & the way the sashing/borders work is great. Charmingly fun!