Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dawnp_gw

Photos of my brother's quilt

dawnp
11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help, comments, and interest! You are a great group!

I am pleased with the result. I'm not sure I absolutely love it but I was trying to go with colors that match their master bedroom.

What do you think?

Comments (23)

• dawnp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm sorry the photos are so large! Photobucket does not seem to be reducing the images!

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Dawn, it came out great! I am sure your brother will love it. You have great contrast with the lights and darks also being solids and prints.

Way to go!

Donna

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Dawn, I think you made a beautiful quilt. You should be very pleased with the results. I like the way you used coordinating pale solids with the vibrant prints in your blocks. When you make a quilt for someone using their color scheme, sometimes you may not love, love, love it, but they will. Congratulations on a job well done.

And I like the large photos. You can see the details better. I always post large photos too.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Wow! Great job, great colors, great quilt!

Kate

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt. I love your colors and I've always loved a log cabin. Great job. I'm sure he'll love it.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Making something to someone else's taste can be hard and pull you out of your comfort zone. I think you did a great job with a lot of different colors and it looks great.

• karpet
    11 years ago

That is beautiful!
    Karlene

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I love it! The Colors and fabrics are great~what a nice and personal gift! You did a great job!

Thanks for posting a picture ....and please....start another project!

• polardream
    11 years ago

Beautiful job! You can put a feather in your cap for a wonderful gift. I hope they love it.
    Sue

• chickie1
    11 years ago

I love those colors! Also I'm a big fan of log cabin quilts. You did a great job.
    Darlene

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

I think you did a great job!

I only wish I could get photobucket to keep my pictures large! I hate it that they shrink them down... then you can't see things well.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I think you did a great job!!I know your brother will be so impressed and pleased with your caring gift. Your colors work well together and log cabin is a wonderful pattern. Congratulations. TFS

• dawnp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone! I appreciate your kind remarks. It has been fun to do this and share with you!

Rivergirl - I had to giggle in response to your comment - now, start another! I think I will - just so I can continue participate in this friendly forum! :)

Dawn

• day2day
    11 years ago

It turned out great.
    I think they will love it.
    You did a wonderful job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt! That leaf batik looks real familiar.....I think it is the same fabric that I am using in the blocks and borders of the Seabreeze nickel quilt that I am currently working on.

Good job!
    Teresa

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!! I love the fabric combos.
    Rosa

• dawnp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just got home from the birthday dinner and gifted my brother with the quilt. He loved it, and loved the colors, He was all teary eyed! He said I could not have given him a better gift. It was definitely worth the effort.

Thanks again guys!

Dawn

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Oh, Dawn, I'm so happy that your brother loved and appreciated your quilt. It does make all the effort worthwhile.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

Glad to hear that your brother liked the quilt. It is great looking. You did a wonderful job.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Thanks for giving us the update! It's so good to hear that the quilt was special to him.

Even if you don't start working on something else right away, come back to comment and chat with the forum!

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Checked back in just to see how happy your brother is.

You did a remarkable job ~ you took alot of info and advice & opinions from different sources, and proceeded knowing your comfort and skill level, and you are to be applauded.

I hope you are hooked on making quilts!

• lola99
    11 years ago

Your quilt is beautiful. I especially like the contrast between light and dark and print and solid. You did a very nice job. Thank you for taking the time to post pictures and to share the story of giving it to your brother. I'm glad he was so happy to receive it - smart brother!

I also liked hearing that other people here don't mind big pictures because, like you, I felt bad that when I post pictures they are always huge!

Take care and come back soon,
    Lola

• musicteacher
    11 years ago

If you had showed me the colors before I would not have imagined they would look so good together. But it is so pretty! I don't know how people select colors like that but I love the unexpected and surprisingly (surprising to me anyway) beautiful results! I'm glad your brother liked it. I sure would have!!!!