Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to find?

Posted by gmom2-6boys (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 16:33

I'm wanting to make a quilt for my grandson who LOVES car, trucks, buses, and the like. Where can I find free patterns?

Thanks for any leads.
gmom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to find?

If you go to google.com and click on "Images", then do a search there for Truck Quilt Patterns you'll find many, many great ideas.

Are you planning to make blocks with cars and trucks, or are you thinking of using fabric with those images? If you want fun novelty fabric, check out equilter.com and search there for trucks or cars. They have several!

Hope that helps. Let us know more specifically what you are planning to do and I'm sure someone here can help you find what you need.

Kate

o

Something else you could do would be to look for a panel that has vehicles and just add borders.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Cars Panel quilts

o

I think an I-spy quilt with vehicles would be great. I have some fabrics I would be willing to share if you need some.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: i spy quilt

o

Another pattern that I have used for kids quilts is the disappearing 9 patch. You could put the vehicle prints in the corners so they don't get cut. I have attached a tutorial that might help, as well as a picture of one I made that was an "I spy alphabet" quilt.
Sounds like fun!
Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Missouri Quilt Company tutorial

o

I-Spy, Disappearing 9 Patch, and panels... what a great batch of ideas! I don't have fabric with cars or trucks but I do have some pieces of one with RV travel trailers that I could contribute.

o

Thanks to Kate, Sharon G., Beverly, and Sue. Your offers and ideas were great but not what I have in mind.

It is: Each block of a different size and color. Each a different Car, Truck, Bus or Train engine. The center might be a boy getting off the bus in front of a house. This needs to be ready for September Birthday gift. Thanks again and at this time I'm just looking for clip art then I can size.

gmom

o

Have you looked at coloring pages? They are great for applique and can be sized with your printer.

beverly

o

There was a great pattern for sale called Around Town by The Country Quilter several years ago. Not sure if I still have a copy. Will look tomorrow.

o

There was a second pattern called Under Construction also by The Country Quilter. They are available on ebay for about $9 each, though I know you were looking for free patterns.

o

Here's a Craftsy vendor selling truck, fire engine, plane, etc patterns for under $3 each. I didn't see any buses but she might have those too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Patterns on Craftsy $2.95

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here