Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where is that foot paddle?

Posted by lowraine (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 16:14

Do you ever wonder how to keep the foot paddle in one place? Well I saw a post recently that suggested we put a piece of velco on the bottom of the paddle thus causing it to stick to the carpet. The piece of velco with the hooks would be the piece that attaches to the paddle base. Thought I would share that with all the quilting viewers. If this post needs to be someplace else I would appreciate someone moving it for me. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where is that foot paddle?

This is the perfect place to post a great hint as that!! What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing!

o

I have hardwood floors so have to use non-skid stuff under the peddle. It still moves a bit but is better. Thanks for the carpet idea, though.

o

I use a commercial carpet sample under my pedal and I take it to workshops with me as well. That helps a little.
I used a piece of Velcro initially on the plastic pedal when I purchased my machine a few years ago. Then I started having problems with the speed. The Velcro adhesive had gunked up the bottom of the pedal preventing it from depressing completely. So, be careful. I never have a problem with my metal pedals moving around on my other sewing machines.

It is a great tip, just be aware. I wish it worked for my situation, as I am continually trying to solve this problem.

o

My paddle now is plastic so I need to keep that in mind. thanks

o

I just remembered the perfect solution to the paddle problem. Years ago I purchased a singer machine in a cabinet. The paddle was inside the cabinet so you had a leaver next to your right leg that you just pushed. That machine was retired when I purchased the new one from WalMart. He of course sits on a table. Does anyone sell machines in a cabinet anymore? They were great. I loved mine. Loaned it out, came back damaged so I gave it away and gave the cabinet to my daughter.

o

check this

http://www.joann.com/pedal-sta-ii-sewing-machine-pedal-pad/prd22610/

o

I have a piece of velcro - the sticki backed kind - on my pedal and it works great. Never slips on the carpet. For those few times I move it to the kitchen table i put the pedal on a rubber backed bath mat. It never slides!

Kate

o

I use an old rubber mouse pad under mine when I use the pedal, which isn't very ofter as I like the touch button. With the Serger I have to use the pedal and the pad works great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here