Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fran1523

Quilt store pictures

fran1523
15 years ago

Since the board is quiet, I thought I would post some pictures I took of the Quilter's Stash, the store I work at one or two days a week. Here are a few of our Asian collection. Tomorrow or the next day I will post batiks. They are to die for.

Comments (17)

• gerizone5
    15 years ago

Fran you must be in hog heaven when you're working there.

• barbara_in_pa
    15 years ago

Nice layout... makes selecting fabric easier when there is room to move around and really see what is there.....

• wendyfaye
    15 years ago

Hey Fran,

Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip. This looks like a great place to work, but I'm pretty sure I would be bringing home fabric instead of a pay cheque.

Faye

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

Wow Fran, what a beautiful place to work!!! I would be the same Faye and I probably would still owe them money.
    Rosa

• mcbird
    15 years ago

I am completely envious! I live in a town with a quilt store that has pretty limited selection, very high prices and the staff acts like they are doing you such a favor to even cut your fabric. Needless to say if I need fabric I order it online or drive 40 miles to the big city. Can't wait to see more pictures.

• love2sew
    15 years ago

What lovely fabrics and how lucky you are to be able to play with them often. What is that pattern of the quilt on the wall? I like the color combination.
    Jean

• fran1523
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That quilt on the wall is from one of the Turning Twenty books. Not sure exactly which one. The Asian print was used as a focus fabric and the smaller patterned ones worked in around it.

• nanajayne
    15 years ago

I agree, I couldn't afford to to work there. What a dream come true to me around all that beutiful fabric and books to boot!!!!Jayne

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Fran, is that an online quilt shop? I won a basket full of goodies from an online shop called The Quilter's Stash a few years ago. I am wondering if it is the same shop.
    Linda OH

• calliope
    15 years ago

Be still my heart! Nope, I couldn't work there. LOL. My three major weaknesses are Plants, fabric and books in that order. I worked at a greenhouse/nursery before I opened my own and the boss allowed us to purchase our trees, etc at wholesale. We kept tally sheets in the break room of our purchases and mine was always several pages long and it got taken out of our paychecks before they were issued.

I can't even imagine all the UFOs working in a fabric store would create.

• boxersandkoi
    15 years ago

Wow, what a lovely shop! I can hardly wait to see the batiks!
    Thanks for posting the pics.

• caroline1947
    15 years ago

DROOL DROOL!!!!

• carolek
    15 years ago

Although we built our house in the boonies, I have been fortunate that in the nearest town--Clifton: pop. 2500--there is a nice quilt shop. The owner bought a small house and arranged the displays and class functions in the various rooms. Her selection is very good--maybe not as full as Fran's, but better than what we had in Waco. Of course, with five large storage boxes full of fabric, I don't allow myself to buy new- I just feast my eyes. Carole

• fran1523
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Linda, no it is not online, although we do fill phone orders if someone knows exactly what they want.

• day2day
    15 years ago

You must feel like you're wrapped in a warm cocoon. Great selection of fabrics. Do you give in to temptation and buy a lot of it?

~Geraldine

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

Memories!! This brings back lots of good memories for me,since i also worked in a quilt shop for 10 years.One of my favorite days was when the new shipments came in,talk about drooooooooooooling,oh my.I'm still sewing some of the fabrics i bought back then and i've been retired for 9 years.
    Kathi

• easystitches
    15 years ago

What heaven! It would be a very dangerous place indeed!
    I'd love to work in a shop, but definately not own one!
    Too much responsibility, they work so hard.
    I don't think I could work in a nursery either, wow,very
    tempting. Jill