Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A quilt for my friend

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 15:42

My friend Mary has just started her second round of treatment for stage four ovarian cancer, She is so brave. She was cancer free for about two years, but the disease has come back.

I had the floral print and the cream left over from another project. I thought this Warm Wishes pattern would work up quickly and show off the large scale print. The color is kind of washed out in the photo. I hope she likes it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A quilt for my friend

Lois, it's beautiful! And she will love it because you made it for her.

Donna

o

I'm sorry about your friend, Lois. I like your quilt. It has a subtleness about it that looks to be relaxing. She should get some good vibes from it.

SharonG/FL

o

I am sure your friend will feel the love in the quilt. What a good thing to do for her.

beverly

o

I think it turned out beautifully Lois!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

A lovely quilt for a friend. She will love it.
Theresa

o

It's very pretty! She will love it.
Linda OH

o

Very, very nice! She'll love it and I'm sure it will bring her comfort. You're a good friend to her.

Kate

o

It's lovely Lois, the colors are perfect. This quilt, coming from one friend to another, will bring comfort to you both.
V.

o

It's beautiful. It will soothe her. Hope everything goes well.
LindaB/CA

o

How could she not love that. It is filled with love and she will see that. Beautiful quilt.

o

I think it looks inviting and relaxing too. Best wishes for you and your friend!
Rosa

o

She will be so pleased with your lovely quilt. I am sorry that she has to go though another bout of worry but your thoughtfulness will be a comfort I know. TFS

o

A lovely quilt for your friend.
She has had a difficult time but I know this quilt will bring some smiles.
TFS

~Geraldine

o

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. She will LOVE your quilt, love the colors. Prayers for Mary!

o

Lovely and soothing - so sorry for friend. I'm sure she will find comfort in your gift.

o

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

o

And the pattern name is completely right!
Theresa

o

All that love and warmth in your beautiful quilt. You friend is lucky to have you in her life.
Mary

o

I'm sure she will love it. It is very soothing to look at.

o

What a very tangible way to let her know you are there with her through this, and when she wraps it around her, she'll feel your presence.

o

Well, here is Mary's Warm Wishes all quilted, washed and ready to go. I just quilted a fairly large meander (stipple) across the whole quilt. I'm really pleased with the results. It was the second quilt I'd done on my new Tiara. And Elmer's School Glue is the way to go for me. Not a pucker in the whole quilt.

o

It looks like you have a winner there, Lois. I have Elmer's School Glue on my shopping list and will give it a try. Not sure where I'll lay it out.....the floor doesn't work for my knees. There's a covered pool table here so maybe I'll see what I can do with that.

Warm Wishes to Mary......in every sense.

SharonG/FL

o

It's lovely, Lois! Wishing your friend well with her treatment.

Donna

o

It turned out wonderful. Best wishes for your friend. She will find comfort in her quilt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here