Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

A quilt for my friend

loisflan
9 years ago

My friend Mary has just started her second round of treatment for stage four ovarian cancer, She is so brave. She was cancer free for about two years, but the disease has come back.

I had the floral print and the cream left over from another project. I thought this Warm Wishes pattern would work up quickly and show off the large scale print. The color is kind of washed out in the photo. I hope she likes it.

Comments (24)

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Lois, it's beautiful! And she will love it because you made it for her.

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

I'm sorry about your friend, Lois. I like your quilt. It has a subtleness about it that looks to be relaxing. She should get some good vibes from it.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    9 years ago

I am sure your friend will feel the love in the quilt. What a good thing to do for her.

beverly

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I think it turned out beautifully Lois!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• nannykins
    9 years ago

A lovely quilt for a friend. She will love it.
    Theresa

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

It's very pretty! She will love it.
    Linda OH

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Very, very nice! She'll love it and I'm sure it will bring her comfort. You're a good friend to her.

Kate

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

It's lovely Lois, the colors are perfect. This quilt, coming from one friend to another, will bring comfort to you both.
    V.

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

It's beautiful. It will soothe her. Hope everything goes well.
    LindaB/CA

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

How could she not love that. It is filled with love and she will see that. Beautiful quilt.

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

I think it looks inviting and relaxing too. Best wishes for you and your friend!
    Rosa

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

She will be so pleased with your lovely quilt. I am sorry that she has to go though another bout of worry but your thoughtfulness will be a comfort I know. TFS

• day2day
    9 years ago

A lovely quilt for your friend.
    She has had a difficult time but I know this quilt will bring some smiles.
    TFS

~Geraldine

• sherryquilts
    9 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. She will LOVE your quilt, love the colors. Prayers for Mary!

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Lovely and soothing - so sorry for friend. I'm sure she will find comfort in your gift.

• loisflan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

• nannykins
    9 years ago

And the pattern name is completely right!
    Theresa

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

All that love and warmth in your beautiful quilt. You friend is lucky to have you in her life.
    Mary

• bev2009
    9 years ago

I'm sure she will love it. It is very soothing to look at.

• calliope
    9 years ago

What a very tangible way to let her know you are there with her through this, and when she wraps it around her, she'll feel your presence.

• loisflan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, here is Mary's Warm Wishes all quilted, washed and ready to go. I just quilted a fairly large meander (stipple) across the whole quilt. I'm really pleased with the results. It was the second quilt I'd done on my new Tiara. And Elmer's School Glue is the way to go for me. Not a pucker in the whole quilt.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

It looks like you have a winner there, Lois. I have Elmer's School Glue on my shopping list and will give it a try. Not sure where I'll lay it out.....the floor doesn't work for my knees. There's a covered pool table here so maybe I'll see what I can do with that.

Warm Wishes to Mary......in every sense.

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    9 years ago

It's lovely, Lois! Wishing your friend well with her treatment.

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

It turned out wonderful. Best wishes for your friend. She will find comfort in her quilt.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area