Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

My Goodies from the NQA Quilt Show

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

Last weekend I met Rebecca Barker at the quilt show. She said it is the only show where she is a vendor. I love her Quiltscapes and have several mouse pads with her prints. This year I bought one of her signed prints to hang in my sewing room.

I also found lots of other goodies. Jennifer and I spread our purchases on her dining room table and took pictures. My favorite item is the "Quilt Pin-Up" that I posted yesterday.

We took pictures of lots of quilts too but I'm not sure if we are allowed to post them.

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilt Show Goodies

Comments (9)

• grammyp
    12 years ago

What an awesome haul.

beverly

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

What a nice bunch of treasures. Wish I'd been with you.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Nice stuff! I see you bought some twister patterns - I bought both sizes of the twister tool & book last week at our Guild's show--all because of you~LOL.
    I've also been looking at the BQ patterns. Let us know how you like it.
    Looks like you had a great time-love your little pin holder.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

What a fun time! Our quilt shows are all in the winter; I miss them during the summer!

Isn't it fun to meet someone you admire? Last Sept. I attended a lecture given by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville. I didn't meet her personally, but it was great to see and hear her in person.

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Wow, Linda! You picked up some goodies and are probably anxious to get started using them. I thought the Quiltlet was a cute idea. I have all of my pins on a lanyard and actually wear it around the house at times.....just because I want to. @:)

SharonG/FL-IN

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Magothyrivergirl, the twister patterns are actually the really small twister tools. They measure 2.25 and 1.5 inches to use with 3.5 and 2.5 inch charms.
    Donna, last year I met Marie Bostwick, the author of the Cobbled Court novels. I met Rebecca last year also but didn't get a picture with her. They both are very friendly. I would love to take a class with Bonnie Hunter. I hope our guild will bring her in some time.
    Sharon, you know how I love to shop at quilt shows. lol I was so excited about the quiltlet that I made it as soon as we got back home from Columbus. It is made completely from my scrap drawer. I have my newest quilt pins on my guild name tag.
    Thanks for looking at my pictures!
    Linda

• lola99
    12 years ago

Fun things! TFS

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

I enjoy the big quilt shows. There is so much to see with so many ideas around by the various venders. You can just spend hours looking at everything and the time just goes so fast when you are there.

We will be going to the shows in Hershey, PA and Oaks, PA later this summer. I bet that I will probably come home with as much stuff as you did, Linda!

TFS about your trip!

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Yes, isn't Rebecca nice as well as talented? I have bought several of her smaller prints, cards, and was given a calendar.

I almost bought one of those cute small display racks from Quiltricks. The designer is from NC I think. I still might get one of those if I can just decide where to put it!

Teresa