Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allycaz9

Looking for pattern . . . . .

allycaz9
16 years ago

I saw this quilt a couple years ago at the Portland, Oregon quilt show - can't get it out of my mind - I would love to make it for my cabin. Have any of you seen a pattern for this? I've looked but I can't seem to come up with anything.

Comments (18)

• redpenny
    16 years ago

OH wow I love that with the bear that is one beautiful quilt and I also like the colors!
    Red

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

WOW!!! grace

• cmc_97
    16 years ago

I saw this quilt on display at Bayside Quilting's Grand Opening of their second shop in Olympia, WA a couple of months ago.

It's called "Bear on the Trail" and the quilt artist is Janet Fogg. Apparently, she gives seminars and teaches, but I could't find a web site for her or any reference to published quilt patterns with her name. I did find an email address to contact her for teaching or seminars:

janetfoggquilts@comcast.net

At the bottom of this post is a link to a Gammill web site web page showing both the bear quilt and a similar cat quilt.

And here's a link to very large photo of the cat quilt:

http://jeanettesfabrictodyefor.com/images/Photogallery/Quilts/Fogg_KittyCorner.jpg

Wow!

CMC

Here is a link that might be useful: A couple of Janet Fogg's quilts.

• msmeow
    16 years ago

I like the bear, but that cat is downright scary! Eek!

Donna

• fran1523
    16 years ago

Oh I saw that quilt at a show in New Hampshire. Shakespeare in the Park is such a beautiful design, and I think that silly bear ruins it. But that's just MHO. Shakespeare in the Park is in the Creative Pattern Book by Judy Martin.

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

I think the way the bear has been pieced in with the other blocks and the colour shading is the most brilliantly clever thing I've seen in years imho !!! Fran, it's funny how different things appeal to us all LOL

• susiequilt
    16 years ago

WOW! I agree with islay! "brilliantly clever"!

• redpenny
    16 years ago

I agree Islay, that is a real talent that quilt is gorgeous!
    I couldn't begin to see how she pieced that bear.
    Red

• msmeow
    16 years ago

Well, I hope she at least gave Judy Martin credit for the main design!

Donna

• maryliz
    16 years ago

I like the way the bear blends with the stars.

• allycaz9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the link CMC - I looked that up and followed other links to other quilts by Janet Fogg - boy, she is one amazing quilter. I never found anything about her selling patterns, but I will do an email this morning just in case. Thanks again.

• hotair31795
    7 years ago

I am currently searching for the pattern for Janet Riggs version of Shakespeare in the park with the gorgeous Brown bear in it. Does anyone know where I may purchase a copy of the pattern?(with the bear in it)

• msmeow
    7 years ago

This page of Janet Fogg's website says they are originals and will not be patterned:

Janet Fogg

• grammyp
    7 years ago

That is beyond beautiful! Love her quilts, but even with a pattern, not sure I'd ever finish one.

• Mary Porter
    6 years ago

In the magazine "The Quilter" Nov., 2006 issue, there is a picture of "Bear on the Trail" by Carol Fogg of Lake Orange, NY- Viewer's Choice. I've been saving an 8 x 10 glossy print all these years. The internet has grown and there is more information on everything and about everything. Back then, there was no mention of "Shakespeare jn the Park". Today I did email Janet Fogg regarding a pattern for her "Bear of the Trail" quilt. But, thank you all on this site for your advice about Judy Martin's "Creative Pattern Book", which I ordered from Amazon.com.

• Shannon Fitzner
    last year

Mary Porter, does that Creative Pattern Book have the quilt with the bear in it. I know Janet Fogg said there isn't a pattern, I find that rude, if you're going to put it on Pinterest it really should have a pattern, why else would you put it on there. Also what about The Quilter (Loved that magazine) is it just a picture of the Bear on the Trail or does it have a pattern too. TIA

• bkay2000
    last year
    last modified: last year

You would put it on Pinterest to show it off. However, most postings on Pinterest are posted by others, which I think is rude. If I wanted my quilts on Pinterest, I'd put them there. In addition, if you post your own creation on Pinterest, you lose the copyright.

bkay