Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Treadle help

Posted by amazingcm (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 14:17

Hi, It has been a while since I posted. Hope everyone is doing well. I need some help.
My mother has a perfect treadle cabinet and would love to find a machine that will fit it.. It is not a singer stand and the hinges are 10 1/2 inches from center of screw to center of screw. I have been researching what machine would fit it to no avail,
She just had her second knee replacement and the PT knowing that she quilts suggested a treadle to help strengthen her ankles. Anyone have any ideas
Thanks for any help..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Treadle help

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Treadle+Sewing+Machine+Manufacturers&FORM=R5FD5

http://www.bing.com/search?q=tredal+on&form=DLCDF8&pc=MDDC&src=IE-SearchBox

hope these links help
G

Here is a link that might be useful: tredal

o

Thanks, I have checked that all out and did not find my answer but did find out from another site what I needed.. It is from the Davis Mfg.. Sold as Minnesota, Honeymoon and several other names.. 1890+ and newer.. Now to find one of those machines.. Thanks fro the help.

o

Have you tried the quiltingboard.com? They have a section for vintage sewing machines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here