Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crumbs Sashed Via D9P

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 13:50

Some of you have seen the top I did about a year ago, but now it's finished. Beverly quilted it and it's going to a friend of Julie's for her wedding shower.
Crumbs Sashed Via D9P

Beverly's Quilting

Beverly is a natural.....I love how she quilted it. Can't thank you enough, Beverly.

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crumbs Sashed Via D9P

That is really fun! Love the quilting too - good job Sharon & Beverly!

Sue/polardream

o

Beverly is very good!!!!
Sharon can you please explain how you did the block arrangement???
I love the red cornerstones with the white shashings, they really make the crumbs pop.
Ross

o

I love this! I am going to have to get busier with my crumbs!

o

It finished nicely Sharon, and you are most welcome. Hope she likes it. I'll let you know when the Voyager gets back.

beverly

o

Really pretty combination! The sashing and red cornerstones give the crumb blocks some order. I know it is my "scrappy hangup" that wants the order :)

beverly - your quilting looks really good!

o

Nice co-ordinated effort. Love scrappy and crumbs are so much fun. Nice job all around. Your friend will love it.TFS Jayne

o

Neat idea for those 'crumbs'. Glad to see that you got it finished. It's a great quilt and wonderful quilting. Kudos to both of you. I will soon have to do something with my crumb blocks.

~Geraldine

o

that turned out great. You are quite a team.

o

Thank you everyone.

Rosa, I started with 9 1/2" Crumb blocks in the corners, white 6 1/2" by 9 1/2" placed in the 4 spot that will be sliced and a red 6 1/2" square in the center. I don't know that it was any easier than cutting all the sashing and cornerstones and sewing them on separately.....it was just a different way to do it.

Sharon

o

I think it is easier that way-the cornerstones seem to stay square more easily for me this way.

o

Hey Geezer,

It's beautiful, I agree that the white & red just set it off perfectly, it's so crisp & clean & graphic.

I was around w/ those Crumbmakers at the time. My crumbs are in browns & earth tones, but 4.5" crumb blocks.

As you were kind enough to explain your layout, I was able to play w/ the numbers & re-scale it to work off my 4.5" square corner crumb blocks.

I think it's probably a faster assembly that doing it individually. How clever of you to construct it w/ Disappearing Nine Patch. I won't get to work on it 'til next year, but you've given my chocolate crumb blocks a game plan so thank you VERY much!! Excellent work!

o

Very nice, Sharon!!

Beverly, where's the Voyager? Did you decide to upgrade to the new machine??

o

PirateGirl.....You are very welcome. Very glad to have given your chocolate crumbs a chance to shine.

Jen, This thread began in June, 2010.

SharonG/FL

o
RE: Crumbs Sashed old way, but still

I was recently moved to resume working on this, sorry, pix a bit dark but the crumb blocks are great.

photo P1100318_zps32c7a53e.jpg

Will take more pix soon, am wondering about borders or not.

o

Thanks for bringing this back. I've never seen it. Both of your quilts look great. I've never seen this way of doing sashing, although it may be common. I think it would go much faster. Thanks for the tip.

o

Bev2009, I don't think this is a very common way of applying sashing and cornerstones. At least, I haven't seen where anyone did it before I did. But, maybe someone did and I didn't see the post.

Pirate-girl, I didn't put a border on mine as it was as big as I wanted it to be and besides, I didn't think it needed one. What size sashing and corner stones did you end up using and what's the size of your quilt now? Good job on getting your crumbs together!

SharonG/FL

o

Hey Sharon,

I think I had some 1.5" sashing already, so I went w/ that, corner squares finished around an inch square. Am still putting on the outer brown borders (or inner borders if I add 1 more border, which I may.)

It's currently about 23 x 28.

o

Sharon and Beverly,
Your crumb quilt turned out beautifully and the quilting is great! So glad you got it finished and sounds like it is going to a good recipient. Reminds me that I need to get back to sewing more crumbs!

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here