Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Crumbs Sashed Via D9P

Some of you have seen the top I did about a year ago, but now it's finished. Beverly quilted it and it's going to a friend of Julie's for her wedding shower.

Beverly is a natural.....I love how she quilted it. Can't thank you enough, Beverly.

SharonG/FL

Comments (18)

• polardream
    13 years ago

That is really fun! Love the quilting too - good job Sharon & Beverly!

Sue/polardream

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Beverly is very good!!!!
    Sharon can you please explain how you did the block arrangement???
    I love the red cornerstones with the white shashings, they really make the crumbs pop.
    Ross

• bozogardener
    13 years ago

I love this! I am going to have to get busier with my crumbs!

• grammyp
    13 years ago

It finished nicely Sharon, and you are most welcome. Hope she likes it. I'll let you know when the Voyager gets back.

beverly

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Really pretty combination! The sashing and red cornerstones give the crumb blocks some order. I know it is my "scrappy hangup" that wants the order :)

beverly - your quilting looks really good!

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Nice co-ordinated effort. Love scrappy and crumbs are so much fun. Nice job all around. Your friend will love it.TFS Jayne

• day2day
    13 years ago

Neat idea for those 'crumbs'. Glad to see that you got it finished. It's a great quilt and wonderful quilting. Kudos to both of you. I will soon have to do something with my crumb blocks.

~Geraldine

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

that turned out great. You are quite a team.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone.

Rosa, I started with 9 1/2" Crumb blocks in the corners, white 6 1/2" by 9 1/2" placed in the 4 spot that will be sliced and a red 6 1/2" square in the center. I don't know that it was any easier than cutting all the sashing and cornerstones and sewing them on separately.....it was just a different way to do it.

Sharon

• bozogardener
    13 years ago

I think it is easier that way-the cornerstones seem to stay square more easily for me this way.

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hey Geezer,

It's beautiful, I agree that the white & red just set it off perfectly, it's so crisp & clean & graphic.

I was around w/ those Crumbmakers at the time. My crumbs are in browns & earth tones, but 4.5" crumb blocks.

As you were kind enough to explain your layout, I was able to play w/ the numbers & re-scale it to work off my 4.5" square corner crumb blocks.

I think it's probably a faster assembly that doing it individually. How clever of you to construct it w/ Disappearing Nine Patch. I won't get to work on it 'til next year, but you've given my chocolate crumb blocks a game plan so thank you VERY much!! Excellent work!

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Very nice, Sharon!!

Beverly, where's the Voyager? Did you decide to upgrade to the new machine??

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

PirateGirl.....You are very welcome. Very glad to have given your chocolate crumbs a chance to shine.

Jen, This thread began in June, 2010.

SharonG/FL

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

I was recently moved to resume working on this, sorry, pix a bit dark but the crumb blocks are great.

Will take more pix soon, am wondering about borders or not.

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Thanks for bringing this back. I've never seen it. Both of your quilts look great. I've never seen this way of doing sashing, although it may be common. I think it would go much faster. Thanks for the tip.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bev2009, I don't think this is a very common way of applying sashing and cornerstones. At least, I haven't seen where anyone did it before I did. But, maybe someone did and I didn't see the post.

Pirate-girl, I didn't put a border on mine as it was as big as I wanted it to be and besides, I didn't think it needed one. What size sashing and corner stones did you end up using and what's the size of your quilt now? Good job on getting your crumbs together!

SharonG/FL

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Hey Sharon,

I think I had some 1.5" sashing already, so I went w/ that, corner squares finished around an inch square. Am still putting on the outer brown borders (or inner borders if I add 1 more border, which I may.)

It's currently about 23 x 28.

• polardream
    10 years ago

Sharon and Beverly,
    Your crumb quilt turned out beautifully and the quilting is great! So glad you got it finished and sounds like it is going to a good recipient. Reminds me that I need to get back to sewing more crumbs!

Sue

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994