Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

A couple of finishes!

msmeow
9 years ago

I seem to finally be out of my sewing funk! I put the pedal to the metal, my nose to the grindstone, and probably several other cliches this weekend and finished 2 of my 3 June goals.

I posted a picture of this top when I finished it. It's now complete! Will go to my guild for our challenge.

And this is another miniature, also for the guild for our quilt show. It's 12-1/2" square. It's a Carol Doak pattern called My Little Town.

And this title just cracks me up! Though you can see there are 4 smaller tree blocks in the corners. :)

Donna

Comments (17)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Yikes! Those are tiny!
    Theresa

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

I love them both. The top one gets my vote for best use of color. As for the mini...WOW! It would take years to use up my scrap stash with that size ;-)

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Now that's a scrappy quilt! Very nice job, Donna. And your little town is so sweet.

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

pretty pretty pretty pretty!!! and Wow! all that color is just awesome!!! oooo and those iddy biddy wee lil twees.........how can you even see to sew????

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

That tiny 2" tree block includes the seam allowance? lol How cute!!!! Nice challenge, too. But love the little town.

SharonG/FL

• minnie_tx
    9 years ago

WOW !!!

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

"Large Tree Block". LOL!

That is another amazing small quilt. You are the mini queen!

The scrappy stars quilt is wonderful and charming.

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

Love scrap quilts and the border brings it together so well. Good job.
    Mini paper pc. quilts are a challenge, nicely done.
    TFS

• vacuumfreak
    9 years ago

Donna, you do such lovely work! Guess what... the center fabric in the bottom right block in the top picture with all the cats... I have the same stuff! I got it at a thrift shop a few years ago... I wasn't crazy about it (I need to see their faces and that doesn't have have faces) and still haven't found a use for it... but I had to buy it because it was cheap and had cats on it!

Your mini-quilts are always lovely, and you're about to inspire me to try them myself...

Bravo!

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Glad you are back sewing, with a vengeance, I might add :)
    Congrats on your finishes. Love the minis - wow - the pieces are soooooo tiny. I especially love your version of My Little Town. Great for your show.

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

I admire your work too, I can work with some 1 inch squares in a quilt, but not as many as you have lol! Beautiful!

I have been in a kinda sorta quilting funk, I moved over to knitting and making few felt stockings.

But that hasn't stopped me from buying a new quilt book, and a quilt embroidery pattern lol!!!! Maybe after our stifling heat lets up I'll wander back to my sewing room. I need to clean it!!!
    Rosa

• polardream
    9 years ago

Donna, Beautiful!! I can't imagine doing those paper pieced minis - you have a lot more patience than I ever will.

Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Love 'me both...but I'm especially drawn to "my little town".
    Congratulations on finishing two lovely projects....it always feels so good!
    V.

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Very nice work, Donna! Tell you what..... you can have all the mini quilts that I will never sew! Ha! I love to look at them and admire anyone who can put them together, but I have no desire, whatsoever, to make a mini of my own.

Teresa

• msmeow
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for your nice comments! I enjoy making miniatures, but like Quilinhen said, it would take forever to use up my scrap stash! LOL

Bobby, when I read "guess what..." I thought you were going to say you saw something turned around the wrong way. :) This was a good use of at least a little of my cat fabrics...I have quite a few, but mostly one fat quarter or half yard of each, so there's not enough to really make anything with just those.

Donna

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

Those are just great. It reminds me that I told myself to try paper pieced miniatures and still haven't done it. Being able to put a whole stack of quilts in one little box sure would be nice. Good job.

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

They look great! I love, love the top quilt! Happy 4th of July!

Best to you,
    Sandra

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville