Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? June 29-30

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I won't be doing any sewing this weekend but I did attend the NQA quilt show in Columbus on Friday with my DD. This is an annual mother/daughter event for us. We bought lots of goodies and I can't wait to start working on them. With a new grandbaby expected in the fall, I was looking at baby fabrics and patterns. Are you sewing or quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Comments (12)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Just started a flannelette baby quilt for great-grandaughter expected in Sept.
    Theresa

• msmeow
    10 years ago

I made and machine sewed the binding on my king size CW quilt...taking a break from hand sewing the back.

After this I have a couple of home dec projects to plan and get started.

Donna

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Not over the weekend, but I did go to sit and sew last night for the first time in a few months.... With all the talking, I think I only pieced 2 pieces, but I did get to show off my "new" Bernina and I made a ton of food to share.... sausage meatballs, cheddar biscuits, and flan. Found out a lady in the group lives a mile from me and we may well carpool for future sit and sews since it is an hour away!

I got my Bernina back from service at the dealer in 1 day, but he left a software update card in my machine and kept one of my bobbins, so I get to make another 50 minute drive.... I told them I'm holding their update card ransom for one of my bobbins! :o)

Do not go to a sit and sew to get anything done.... it's all about the socializing! Which is good too !

Since I didn't get much done, I can't show a picture of a beatiful quilt.... I'll show the flan instead. :0)

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Not over the weekend, but I did go to sit and sew last night for the first time in a few months.... With all the talking, I think I only pieced 2 pieces, but I did get to show off my "new" Bernina and I made a ton of food to share.... sausage meatballs, cheddar biscuits, and flan. Found out a lady in the group lives a mile from me and we may well carpool for future sit and sews since it is an hour away!

I got my Bernina back from service at the dealer in 1 day, but he left a software update card in my machine and kept one of my bobbins, so I get to make another 50 minute drive.... I told them I'm holding their update card ransom for one of my bobbins! :o)

Do not go to a sit and sew to get anything done.... it's all about the socializing! Which is good too !

Since I didn't get much done, I can't show a picture of a beatiful quilt.... I'll show the flan instead. :0)

{{!gwi}}

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I'm coping with a migraine today, as well as a 2 yo that refuses to take a nap! grrrrr

Also have my folks coming to babysit tomorrow while DH and I go to a dinner theater...so, that means a bunch of cleaning! Can't have Mom see my house in this state!

I'm hoping to get more fabric folded and put away tonight.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Nothing for me this weekend; too many errands to take care of. But DH Jim will be leaving town tomorrow afternoon and gone until Wednesday, so I'll probably be sewing in the evenings this week.

• day2day
    10 years ago

No quilting this weekend.
    I am trying to get outdoors tomorrow and do something with my plants before they are choked by the weeds.

Canada Day on Monday and I will celebrate at all the local activities.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

~Geraldine

• tuppermom
    10 years ago

Perhaps a little hand quilting....need to get a quilt finished for our quilt show in Oct.
    I have made 3 batches of strawberry jam and have berries to make 2 or 3 more batches. Also picked up 6 pints of raspberries to make jam. I think I will be in the kitchen for a while. It is our long weekend here in Canada so DH would like to pack a picnic and go to a beach tomorrow....not sure why since we have a pool. I guess he just wants a change of scenery!
    Have a happy and safe weekend everyone!

Maryv

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Got home from TN RV trip late Sunday, was a 13 hour drive home, got lots of crocheted/ribbon bookmarks made that day, a good trip though. Yard guy came and cut grass earlier this week and he weed-whacked one of my daylilies, but thankfully it had already finished blooming for the year, oh well it will come back from the tubers next year. I cut grass and weeds inside my large back yard flowerbed this week. I collected cosmos seeds, took some flower pics, then bent to collect some canna seeds and darned if the cosmos seeds didn't fall out of the small cup I had them in in my pocket, so now I have cosmos seeds scattered in amongst some of my daylilies and as wet as it has been this summer who knows maybe they will grow and bloom by this fall. Thursday started hand-quilting Christy's grandbaby quilt and have gotten about 17 hours done on that in the past 3 days, plan to take it on our AR RV trip. I did not work on crocheted lace yet on last trip, I decided to wait until after I have it fully hand-quilted and binding sewed on so I will know my exact measurements for making the lace so hopefully can do it in 2 to 4 segments and then connect them all when done, I was hoping I would have her quilt done by beginning of August, but at the way things are progressing and with RV trips looks like it may be September before I finish her quilt. Hubby got a new RV temperpedic type mattress yesterday, so hoping we sleep much better on future RV trips. Once this new mattress airs out next week, I gotta start packing and loading for our AR RV trip. Hubby is wanting to go, go, go RVing this summer since he had surgeries last 2 summers, so I am only getting to work on quilt projects in short spurts. So I plan to spend most of Sunday afternoon hand-quilting Christy's quilt. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Posting a tad late for weekend quilting projects; however, sewing was on my agenda early Saturday.
    My friend let me borrow a new book on friday night while she is off for vacation for the week, "Quilting Modern"...boy did it suck me in.
    I woke up Saturday morning and made 3 wonky crazy blocks that are surrounded by a wonky log cabin with some scraps...very interesting. I'm hoping to quilt it today as a wall hanging and try another block concept.
    The quilts in the book are just stunning, I may need to order my own book..did someone say squirrel... i'm so easy lol
    V.

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

I decided to piece a bit today and got a little bit done, but it is so hard to match diagonal seams... I set up a small iron by the machine and that always makes things so much easier...

I didn't feel like setting up the real camera, so here's a quick cell phone shot of what I've done thus far... I've lost the bottom row of pieces though and may have to buy more fabric and redo that whole row from scratch....

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

I can't lay a quilt down without it being claimed...

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz