Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QofTD 6/22/11 What solid fabrics do you use?

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 12:21

What is your favorite brand / manufacturer of solid fabrics, and where do you buy them?

I have been sewing with Kona solids when there is alot of solid color in the quilt. My LQS stocks almost no solids & I think the Kona at Joannes is not the same quality, no mater what the bolt says. I want to try some other really nice solids, that are readily available in a nice variety of colors and shades. Is there nice, dependable solids available, other than Kona? What solids do you like?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QofTD 6/22/11 What solid fabrics do you use?

I'm not much help - I tend to use Kona. I find that if I need to buy more of a certain color, it will match.
It's a good QOTD though and I'll see what others say.
Jeanne

o

I'm not much help either. I like Kona for nice quality, true color solids. Unless I really need a true solid, I like to use moda marble instead of a true solid color.

beverly

o

Kona Cotton for solid colors is what I use, too.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

I use mostly Kona from quilt shops (agree that JoAnns doesn't have the same feel), though I just bought a P&B textiles solid black and have bought Michael Miller solid black before. For 1930s, Aunt Grace for Marcus Brothers has some fun colors, but I haven't had much experience with it personally. I, too, use marbles that read more solid. I have a lot of quilt shops in the area, so usually someone has it locally. I have had good luck with fatquartershop.com as an online source. A search for "solids" gives many choices.

o

I am a Kona fan as well. Usually I get mine from Hancock of Paducah. Like their service and quality. Jayne

o

Okay ~ so it looks like I started out using the most popular solid fabric. I have ordered and used some moda marbles, and I liked them; I will have to look closer at their range of colors and order some more. I'll also try the Michael Miller solids.
Thanks!

o

I like the Kona solids but agree with the comments about Joann's - their Konas are not the same quality. I typically order mine from Hancocks of Paducah.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here