Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

Pic-Carolina Lily Quilt

magothyrivergirl
12 years ago

I want to share the quilt I just completed. I started it in early 2009 (I think) for my MIL. I had just started quilting; it was one of the first quilts I began, and following directions (on my own) from the book "Big-Block Quilts" by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. I immediately got all the hard parts completed, up to adding the borders - I did not know yet how to do borders or bindings - and other projects got in the way. When I pulled it out recently, I was expecting to see lots of flaws and "Oh - no's". I was so happy to see it was well made and looking good - in my opinion. It is now finished - it is going to hang in a local store before I give it to her.

I asked questions here - learned alot from all you wonderful quilters, who I look to for advice, tips, and guidance. Thank you!

Sorry - to brag a little - no one else "gets-it". You all deserve a bunch of credit (or blame) for my enthusiasm & accomplishments quilting!!

This is my completely machine stitched binding sewn to the front

Comments (17)

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Lovely! I like the simplicity of it. It's fine to toot your own horn here ------ toot, too too toot!

Teresa

• day2day
    12 years ago

Brag away. You've earned it. It's a beautiful quilt. Great job.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

It is always nice to appreciate your own work and be a bit proud. You have reason to be, nice job. TFS. Jayne

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

You did a wonderful job. It's charming and you have every right to be proud. What a lovely piece.

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

That is worth bragging about! It's beautiful! I'm sure your MIL will appreciate it as well.

Robbi

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful! You earned the right to brag!
    Linda OH

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I really like it! You are allowed to brag, boast, blow your own horn, etc. We understand!!!! Great job!!!!

SharonG/FL-IN

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful quilt and the binding looks fabulous!!!!!
    Rosa

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Your quilt looks fantastic! Well worth owning and displaying to everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Kristene

• chickie1
    12 years ago

It's beautiful. I bet it was a lovely surprise to see what a great job you did on it. Thanks for sharing.
    Darlene

• hallngarden
    12 years ago

rivergirl, your quilt is beautiful. You can see how much love went into making. Thanks for sharing with us.

• vicky4x4
    12 years ago

I just LOVE your lily!!!

Vicky

• fran1523
    12 years ago

That is really lovely. Your fabric choices are great. Congratulations.

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for your compliments, and allowing me to boast! :-)
    Back to being humble.....and sewing.....working on a Jar Quilt that I am including some baskets with overflowing veggies, so I am figuring out how to make them. Every new project tests my skills. But, more is becoming automatic for me, so I don't have to think hard all the time!

• lola99
    12 years ago

Very nice quilt. It is fun to pull out something that you started a long time ago and finish it! Good job.

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Wow, RiverGirl,

Pls. never apologize for being proud of your work. You EARNED the right to be so. Beautful, wonderfully colored & great fabric choices indeed. It really has a graphic sort of pop to it (I think it's the black & white check).

Did you do the quilting? What is that quilting pls. in the central panel (background white) some kind of machine stitched meander?

Hanging in the store to boot? Good for you, well deserved indeed!!

• atd_oc
    12 years ago

I love it! Are you in a quilt guild? If there is one in your area I would highly suggest joining. It is inspirational and educational as well as a chance to share your talents as you learn from others.