Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you quilting this weekend?

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 11:45

I am cleaning my porch and planting my garden this weekend. I worked on plans for a jelly roll quilt for DS & DIL. I hope to start working on it this week.
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you quilting this weekend?

Yesterday I quilted and bound 2 small quilts for my guild. Now I can return them at tomorrow's guild meeting, and that's 2 fewer quilts in my house! LOL

Today I'm quilting the little tops I made last weekend for AAQI. Two are 100% complete, and I just finished quilting the other 6 and will put bindings on this afternoon.

Donna

o

Yup! I just finished pinning 84 Prairie Points to a 52x78 strippy 30's quilt. Hopefully, all of them will get sewn down today before DGS comes for a couple of nights stay celebrating summer vacation.

Donna, I don't think I'll be bringing it finished for Show and Tell at Guild tomorrow night...lol

Gwen

o

Yesterday I finished my mom's canning jar applique lap quilt. I started it the first week of October, 2010, and did all the applique by hand. It was a great learning experience and am glad to have finished it. I did hearts and flowers in decorative stitching on it. Will be working on a baby quilt this week.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I got two of my UFOs ready to go to a longarm quilter and am working on a third quilt that I will complete myself. I have never sent one out to be quilted before, but I have far too many UFOs and am trying to get a good number finished before the end of the year. I think with these I will have completed 8 things so far this year. Not great, but better than usual!
At least quilting is something I can do indoors where it's air-conditioned. The last time I looked, it is 98 degrees outside.
I hope everyone had a good weekend.

o

This weekend I've been quilting the flying geese quilt I'm making for my sister's "man" friend. Now, this evening, I'm sewing on the binding. I'm pretty pleased with it on the whole. I'll try to take a pic in the next day or two and post it, even if the binding is not completed.

Teresa

o

I was able to make a new diaper bag/tote on Friday. I used batik HSTs that I already had that were light/dark combinations. Made a neat little layout.

Also sewed DDs badges on her Girl Scout vest...she has an awards ceremony next weekend and gets more!

Also got the binding sewn down onto the last raffle quilt and delivered that to the lady who sews it to the back. It'll be ready to be raffled by next Monday's meeting!

Feeling pretty productive these days!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here