Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new baby quilt

Posted by nannykins (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 11:43

This is a baby quilt I finished yesterday. The pattern is Double Four Patch and the fabrics are 30's with kiddie prints. The back is a pink print flannel. It is for the new granddaughter of a good friend.
Theresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new baby quilt

so pretty and fresh looking!

o

Gorgeous!! I love the fabrics - very nice gift - I'm sure they will love it.
Rosa

o

It's great!
Pretty colors and nice pattern.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Cute, cute, cute! Love those fabrics!

Kate

o

Very pretty and the fabrics are great for a baby!

o

A very pretty quilt pattern to use with 30's fabrics. I like the way the white works with it. It will be loved for sure. Nice job. TFS.

o

Aww, how sweet! It looks like it could have come from my grandmother's house.

Donna

o

It is so pretty. I have just started quilting, and am wondering: Any idea how many hours it took you to complete a quilt like that? It looks so intricate!

o

Music teacher. It is an extremely easy block and quilt to make. Do an internet search for Double Four Patch. That will give you the basics. My version uses many fabrics as opposed to a two colour version.
Theresa

o

Very sweet quilt, Theresa. You did a wonderful job with the colors and prints.

o

Great baby quilt, Theresa. I love that pattern and you did a good job on the colors. White really sets off the brights. Lovely.

o

Love your quilt ~ the 30's fabrics are perfect in this setting. I agree, the white is a wonderful contrast.

You ladies are making me want to start collecting 30's repo prints! You are such a bad influence!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here