10 years ago

Just saw this on craigslist:

Karlene
(The Enabler)

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabrics for Quilters

Comments (13)

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Oh, man. Why can't those be near me? (not that I need any more fabric)

beverly

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Oh! Oh! Oh! Doesn't that look tempting.
    Wish I lived near too.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Oh boy, wouldn't that be fun!

• tuppermom
    10 years ago

I went to two of this type of sale in the last couple of weeks. Lots of bargains!

Maryv

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Thank you for the "heads up". I will try and get there. I regret that I didn't get more the last time you pointed me to one.
    It looks like a lot of good "stuff". Not too far for nice drive.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Am I reading this correctly...this is one person's fabric stash?! I thought I was bad...wow I'm a real light weight if that is what I think it is. Need to share this with my DH who thinks I'm outta control with my current humble stash!
    V.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I went to the sale this afternoon.. Lots of fabric and a table full of kits.
    I didn't get much as I really don't need more stash but did buy some greens and a check that I have plans for. I did also pick up a plastic set of drawers for $5.
    Things were a bit pricy I though. Most fabrics were $7 a yard and kits were marked down about 25%. Flannels were $5.
    Some of the fabric would have been a good buy (oriental prints) but much of it wasn't anything that special.

• karpet
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was curious what it was like in 'real life'. I shouldn't post this since you were just there today, but I found another sale this evening - not quite as big

Here is a link that might be useful: East Rochester sale

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

It looks like this one might be even better but not sure I can talk DH into another trip. It was over 50 miles to Hilton. lol
    I am afraid that by the time I get there all the good stuff will be gone. ER is closer though.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Made the trip, Better sale then yesterday. Got 10 yd. of fabric, large amount was prewashed for $10 less then I paid for 5 yesterday. One pc. was 5 3/4yds..
    She even had one sm. quilt that only needed to be bound. Pinned and backed. All I had to do was make an offer but declined. Nicely done though.

• karpet
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh yeah! I'm so glad!

With working, I usually can't get to garage sales until Saturdays. I do like to keep an eye out for good sales though! I had not thought of looking for fabric at sales until about 4 summers ago, there was an estate sale close to us and the owner was a quilter. The basement was filled with fabric. They were selling it 6 pieces for $1. So I started out picking fabrics I liked that were mostly fat quarters. Then I thought about it - 6 pieces - no matter what size. So I went looking for yardage. There was another woman there with her husband and she was building a pile off to the side and he would sit on it to guard it! Their car trunk was so full when they left the sale that the back bumper was low. Ever since then I keep an eye out for sales with fabric!

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I appreciate you letting me know. I don't usually venture into those sites so the input is welcome even though I need fabric like another left foot. lol.
    I got a kick out the lady selling her stash...I said to her that it must be like getting rid of a family member and she replied that she was getting old and wouldn't be able to use it up. I told her that I probable was older then she and she said " Oh no I am 75." My turn, "But I am 80 and still shopping!"

• karpet
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tee Hee! All I know is that you make beautiful quilts!