Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seabreeze quilt pic

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 10:29

So, here it is finished. I had to photograph it horizontally because the grass was wet underneath the clothesline. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It looks crooked, but I think that was the wind blowing it.

This was another Nickel Quilt using 5-inch squares of fabric; very easy to do but took time making a twin bed quilt size. I used a multi-colored dot background and mostly batik brights.

Teresa

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seabreeze quilt pic

Oh, I love it. Just my kind of quilt. I think I will start using more pieced borders. They add so much to the quilt.

beverly

o

Very pretty and cheerful. Did you use charm sq. or cut your own 5x5's? Like your border, wish I could be more clever that way. Looks like a big job of quilting but perfect for the pattern. Nice job been anxious to see it. TFS

o

Teresa, it's beautiful! I love the pieced border. What a cheerful quilt!

Donna

o

Bright, beautiful quilt. You did a great job!

o

Delightful quilt. Love the bright colors and you did a great job, as usual.

o

Thank you for the compliments!

I'll confess: the pieced border was supposed to be pieced for the entire border. My eyes glazed over just thinking about it....so, I changed the design. "I meant for it to be that way!" Making HST blocks for the border was easy as you make two at a time. I mostly cut the 5x5" squares for the quilt, but also used some 5x5 and 6x6 squares that were from other projects.

I did loop-de-loops on the first border and a leaf/vine on the thinner last border. The rest is meandered and straight quilting lines accent the pieced border blocks.

o

That's a nice one, love the color.

o

super pretty!!! I can smell the salt air with the wispy curtains swishing around the window frame! That's some nice eye candy, Teresa!!

o

VERY pretty, bright & cheerful!!

o

Gorgeous!! I agree the border compliments the quilt very well.
Rosa

o

It's beautiful.
I like the pieced border.
Even if it wasn't 'meant' to be that way, it looks wonderful.
Great job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Really pretty colors and good job. Good for you!

o

I like it all, but especially the border! Wonderful! I've been wondering what to do with the border on a very plain quilt I'm working on and this has given me some ideas. Thanks!

Kate

o

Love - love your quilt!! I think the limited border treatment you decided on is perfect. I bet you are happy to be finished with this one!
Great job!!

o

Gorgeous! This quilt on a bed definitely would brighten a room or even hung on a wall. Your choices hit the spot to make this quilt a winner -

BRAVO!

o

I think I like the border better like it is than if it were pieced all the way around. It draws your attention to it instead of blending in with the rest of the quilt.

beverly

o

I would never have thought to include the squares in the border, I think I will also use it, beautiful quilt, a labor of love.

o

Love it! Agree totally with Beverly, the border is much better than if it was all the way around. Thanks for sharing that idea....I never know what to do with borders, I think I am just lucky if they are straight and square all the way around. :)
You are an inspiration in this summer heat!
Murphy
PS BTW the next time you tell anyone about that border, say "I designed it that way, don't you agree it is very striking!"

o

VERY nice quilt! Bright, cheery, happy... I couldn't agree more with everyone elses comments. Is it going on Esty?

Faye

o

Not going on Etsy, this was made for a friend and customer who had previously commissioned a quilt for her older daughter. This quilt is for her younger daughter. Both girls like the really bright colors, but I made the quilts by different patterns.

My friend picked up the quilt yesterday afternoon. She seemed really pleased with it.

o

That's a gorgeous quilt! I love the colors, and the border is wonderful. I love to use unique borders--they really make a quilt special.

o

So beautiful, Teresa. It looks bright and cheerful. I'm sure any girl will love this.
I like the pattern - especially the border. The partial border adds intrigue and interest to the pattern. It also includes lots of white space so you can appreciate the rest of teh pattern.
Vasu

o

I love it! Beautiful job, Teresa.

o

I love it! Beautiful job, Teresa.

o

Gosh Theresa, you are an amazing quilter. Every quilt you post here is gorgeous.

I love this one - so bright and fun.

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here