Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Seabreeze quilt pic

teresa_nc7
11 years ago

So, here it is finished. I had to photograph it horizontally because the grass was wet underneath the clothesline. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It looks crooked, but I think that was the wind blowing it.

This was another Nickel Quilt using 5-inch squares of fabric; very easy to do but took time making a twin bed quilt size. I used a multi-colored dot background and mostly batik brights.

Teresa

Comments (24)

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Oh, I love it. Just my kind of quilt. I think I will start using more pieced borders. They add so much to the quilt.

beverly

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Very pretty and cheerful. Did you use charm sq. or cut your own 5x5's? Like your border, wish I could be more clever that way. Looks like a big job of quilting but perfect for the pattern. Nice job been anxious to see it. TFS

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Teresa, it's beautiful! I love the pieced border. What a cheerful quilt!

Donna

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Bright, beautiful quilt. You did a great job!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Delightful quilt. Love the bright colors and you did a great job, as usual.

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for the compliments!

I'll confess: the pieced border was supposed to be pieced for the entire border. My eyes glazed over just thinking about it....so, I changed the design. "I meant for it to be that way!" Making HST blocks for the border was easy as you make two at a time. I mostly cut the 5x5" squares for the quilt, but also used some 5x5 and 6x6 squares that were from other projects.

I did loop-de-loops on the first border and a leaf/vine on the thinner last border. The rest is meandered and straight quilting lines accent the pieced border blocks.

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

That's a nice one, love the color.

• beth7happy
    11 years ago

super pretty!!! I can smell the salt air with the wispy curtains swishing around the window frame! That's some nice eye candy, Teresa!!

• bee0hio
    11 years ago

VERY pretty, bright & cheerful!!

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!! I agree the border compliments the quilt very well.
    Rosa

• day2day
    11 years ago

It's beautiful.
    I like the pieced border.
    Even if it wasn't 'meant' to be that way, it looks wonderful.
    Great job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• qwkslver
    11 years ago

Really pretty colors and good job. Good for you!

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I like it all, but especially the border! Wonderful! I've been wondering what to do with the border on a very plain quilt I'm working on and this has given me some ideas. Thanks!

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Love - love your quilt!! I think the limited border treatment you decided on is perfect. I bet you are happy to be finished with this one!
    Great job!!

• User
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! This quilt on a bed definitely would brighten a room or even hung on a wall. Your choices hit the spot to make this quilt a winner -

BRAVO!

• grammyp
    11 years ago

I think I like the border better like it is than if it were pieced all the way around. It draws your attention to it instead of blending in with the rest of the quilt.

beverly

• lowraine
    11 years ago

I would never have thought to include the squares in the border, I think I will also use it, beautiful quilt, a labor of love.

• murphy_zone7
    11 years ago

Love it! Agree totally with Beverly, the border is much better than if it was all the way around. Thanks for sharing that idea....I never know what to do with borders, I think I am just lucky if they are straight and square all the way around. :)
    You are an inspiration in this summer heat!
    Murphy
    PS BTW the next time you tell anyone about that border, say "I designed it that way, don't you agree it is very striking!"

• wendyfaye
    11 years ago

VERY nice quilt! Bright, cheery, happy... I couldn't agree more with everyone elses comments. Is it going on Esty?

Faye

• teresa_nc7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not going on Etsy, this was made for a friend and customer who had previously commissioned a quilt for her older daughter. This quilt is for her younger daughter. Both girls like the really bright colors, but I made the quilts by different patterns.

My friend picked up the quilt yesterday afternoon. She seemed really pleased with it.

• wanda_va
    11 years ago

That's a gorgeous quilt! I love the colors, and the border is wonderful. I love to use unique borders--they really make a quilt special.

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

So beautiful, Teresa. It looks bright and cheerful. I'm sure any girl will love this.
    I like the pattern - especially the border. The partial border adds intrigue and interest to the pattern. It also includes lots of white space so you can appreciate the rest of teh pattern.
    Vasu

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

I love it! Beautiful job, Teresa.

• dawnp
    11 years ago

Gosh Theresa, you are an amazing quilter. Every quilt you post here is gorgeous.

I love this one - so bright and fun.

Dawn

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz