Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
June 2012 Sewing/Quilting Goals

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 9:37

I think Sharon is on the road, so I'll start the June thread. Can y'all believe the year is nearly half over?!

My goals:

-Finish Taupe quilt (partly quilted then needs binding & label)
-Work on Bargello Twist Quilt U class
-Quilt T shirt quilt that is going to be new bedspread for my guest bedroom
-Get started on applique flamingo hanging (hopefully in time to take on my work trip June 12-15)

That should be enough to keep me busy along with the regular household stuff. :)

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: June 2012 Sewing/Quilting Goals

At least I *have* goals for June, 2012:

~ finish the Nickel Quilt I'm making on commission
~ finish the baby quilt for little Leo in Brazil
~ start a HST baby quilt to put in my Etsy shop
~ sew at least one top for summer in the cotton lawn fabrics I bought earlier this year
~ continue work on the RR quilt for our show in September
~ begin my Challenge entry for our guild show in September
~ make more tea wallets for the show boutique.

Teresa

(if I only complete two items on the list, I'll be doing good....sigh....)

o

I hate to post any goals for June since I don't think I completed anything I listed for May! I'll just say this:

>>> I will sew SOMETHING during June.

Kate

o

I'm with Kate on this one!
Theresa

o

Not sure how much I'll get done this month. Will be in the garden a lot if the weather stays nice.

--->Will work on my Sampler blocks.

~Geraldine

o

My goals for June:
1. Make a small New Wave quilt from Elizabeth Hartman's blog site: New Wave Quilt . I want to make a small one to see how I like cutting with a template and piecing on the bias, etc. If it is not too much of a hassle, I may make a larger quilt. I love the look.
2. Start a wonky star quilt that I have planned in my head for months.
3. Pick up the next shoebox in which lurks a UFO and finish it. [I keep my projects in shoe boxes and I am running out of them. I was tempted to buy a nice pair of boots last month so I get to use a nice big box for my project :-) ]

A modest list but I suspect it will spill over to July and beyond.

Vasu

o

This June I will try to:

Work on quilting my sister's table runner.
Work on my pineapple quilt.
Make the June lotto blocks.
Have fun in the sun.

o

Sewing goals for June?
I'm working on some handsewn maverick stars, but only plan to handsew the pointy squares with the plaid star part and machine sew the squares together for the block when I get to my sisters after the 10th. Hope to have enough done for at least 6 by then.
This isn't a sewing goal, but plans have been made to meet Lois on the 11th. @:)
There is a pair of jeans and a pillow waiting for me to mend, but don't plan to put the machine up until after I get back from MN.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Sharon and Lois - have a great time!!!

We have just slipped into hotter days than Orlando, Florida and I have been sooooooooo lazy.

I must baste a sister's quilt for an August bday.
Rosa

o

My one goal is to sew something - almost doesn't matter what it is! I haven't sewn anything for a long time!
Summer is just getting here - so lots of gardening and "summer" cleaning, painting chores" to do.

o

I will finish my lap quilt. I will... I will, I will I will!

o

I didn't get as much done at my sister's as I thought I would, but did get some neck snuggles made...too bad I only can count one as the rest were left in MN. Got a couple Maverick Stars made....again, not as many as I thought I would.

I sewed on a button for SIL yesterday.....does that count? Hoping my July will be a better month for sewing.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Finally got my King quilt off the frame in the LR.

o

Oh that is gorgeous!! I love you choice of fabrics and the borders really make the quilt 'pop'.
Rosa

o

Nice quilt! It has a very Amish feel to it. Congrats on finishing a king size one!

As far as my goals, I finished the taupe quilt and gave it to Pastor Beth.

I finished the top of my Bargello Twist. I don't know when I'll quilt it; I don't like it much so it may be a while.

I did most of the quilting on the T shirt quilt today. I just have the short borders to finish then put on the binding.

Donna

o

Beautiful quilt~it is so bigggggg! WOW!!! Did you hand quilt this?
Is that a teeny border or piping between the first border and the quilt top?
You made a very, very nice quilt. I hope you are keeping it.

o

Thanks for the nice comments. The black you see before the 1st border is piping, yes. This one is for my youngest daughter (she doesn't know yet). I made one almost identical 5 years ago for my other daughter and she liked the colors, so figured she be ok with these. I used up some left over from the 1st one and picked up what extra I needed for this one. This is the 1st one. Was trying it on the Murphy bed we were making.

o

Beautiful quilts! The first quilt I ever received was in this pattern, made by my Great Aunt Julia. Although it's tattered I still have it and cherish it.

So, here we are at the end of the month and for once I achieved my goal! "I will sew SOMETHING during June." Ha! Did it!

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here