Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

June 2012 Sewing/Quilting Goals

msmeow
11 years ago

I think Sharon is on the road, so I'll start the June thread. Can y'all believe the year is nearly half over?!

My goals:

-Finish Taupe quilt (partly quilted then needs binding & label)

-Work on Bargello Twist Quilt U class

-Quilt T shirt quilt that is going to be new bedspread for my guest bedroom

-Get started on applique flamingo hanging (hopefully in time to take on my work trip June 12-15)

That should be enough to keep me busy along with the regular household stuff. :)

Donna

Comments (17)

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

At least I *have* goals for June, 2012:

~ finish the Nickel Quilt I'm making on commission
    ~ finish the baby quilt for little Leo in Brazil
    ~ start a HST baby quilt to put in my Etsy shop
    ~ sew at least one top for summer in the cotton lawn fabrics I bought earlier this year
    ~ continue work on the RR quilt for our show in September
    ~ begin my Challenge entry for our guild show in September
    ~ make more tea wallets for the show boutique.

Teresa

(if I only complete two items on the list, I'll be doing good....sigh....)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I hate to post any goals for June since I don't think I completed anything I listed for May! I'll just say this:

>>> I will sew SOMETHING during June.

Kate

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I'm with Kate on this one!
    Theresa

• day2day
    11 years ago

Not sure how much I'll get done this month. Will be in the garden a lot if the weather stays nice.

--->Will work on my Sampler blocks.

~Geraldine

• vasu_texas
    11 years ago

My goals for June:
    1. Make a small New Wave quilt from Elizabeth Hartman's blog site: New Wave Quilt . I want to make a small one to see how I like cutting with a template and piecing on the bias, etc. If it is not too much of a hassle, I may make a larger quilt. I love the look.
    2. Start a wonky star quilt that I have planned in my head for months.
    3. Pick up the next shoebox in which lurks a UFO and finish it. [I keep my projects in shoe boxes and I am running out of them. I was tempted to buy a nice pair of boots last month so I get to use a nice big box for my project :-) ]

A modest list but I suspect it will spill over to July and beyond.

Vasu

• loisflan
    11 years ago

This June I will try to:

Work on quilting my sister's table runner.
    Work on my pineapple quilt.
    Make the June lotto blocks.
    Have fun in the sun.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Sewing goals for June?
    I'm working on some handsewn maverick stars, but only plan to handsew the pointy squares with the plaid star part and machine sew the squares together for the block when I get to my sisters after the 10th. Hope to have enough done for at least 6 by then.
    This isn't a sewing goal, but plans have been made to meet Lois on the 11th. @:)
    There is a pair of jeans and a pillow waiting for me to mend, but don't plan to put the machine up until after I get back from MN.

SharonG/FL-IN

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Sharon and Lois - have a great time!!!

We have just slipped into hotter days than Orlando, Florida and I have been sooooooooo lazy.

I must baste a sister's quilt for an August bday.
    Rosa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

My one goal is to sew something - almost doesn't matter what it is! I haven't sewn anything for a long time!
    Summer is just getting here - so lots of gardening and "summer" cleaning, painting chores" to do.

• susan_on
    11 years ago

I will finish my lap quilt. I will... I will, I will I will!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I didn't get as much done at my sister's as I thought I would, but did get some neck snuggles made...too bad I only can count one as the rest were left in MN. Got a couple Maverick Stars made....again, not as many as I thought I would.

I sewed on a button for SIL yesterday.....does that count? Hoping my July will be a better month for sewing.

SharonG/FL-IN

• Joan Dupuis
    11 years ago

Finally got my King quilt off the frame in the LR.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Oh that is gorgeous!! I love you choice of fabrics and the borders really make the quilt 'pop'.
    Rosa

• msmeow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nice quilt! It has a very Amish feel to it. Congrats on finishing a king size one!

As far as my goals, I finished the taupe quilt and gave it to Pastor Beth.

I finished the top of my Bargello Twist. I don't know when I'll quilt it; I don't like it much so it may be a while.

I did most of the quilting on the T shirt quilt today. I just have the short borders to finish then put on the binding.

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt~it is so bigggggg! WOW!!! Did you hand quilt this?
    Is that a teeny border or piping between the first border and the quilt top?
    You made a very, very nice quilt. I hope you are keeping it.

• Joan Dupuis
    11 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments. The black you see before the 1st border is piping, yes. This one is for my youngest daughter (she doesn't know yet). I made one almost identical 5 years ago for my other daughter and she liked the colors, so figured she be ok with these. I used up some left over from the 1st one and picked up what extra I needed for this one. This is the 1st one. Was trying it on the Murphy bed we were making.

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilts! The first quilt I ever received was in this pattern, made by my Great Aunt Julia. Although it's tattered I still have it and cherish it.

So, here we are at the end of the month and for once I achieved my goal! "I will sew SOMETHING during June." Ha! Did it!

Kate