Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Make A Wish Birthday Blocks - July 22 - Cathleen (cziga)

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

This is where you can post when you send your block to Cathleen and she can post when she receives it.

Comments (34)

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

I've finished your block Cathleen, so since it has a long way to travel to reach you, I will post it on Tue 14th June (Mon 13th is a public holiday here in Australia)
    Kristene

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Bump!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I tried to mail Cathleen's block yesterday, but the post office refused it. I was told they can't send mail to Canada right now because of the strike.
    I'm not sure what to do now?

Melissa

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for keying us in about this, Melissa. Has anyone else been told this same thing? Cathleen, what do you suggest? Should those who are mailing to you just wait until the strike is over? Let us know. Okay?
    Jeanne

• equilter
    12 years ago

Hi, Cathleen,
    I'm going to try and mail your block tomorrow and will let you know how it goes....Eileen

• cziga
    12 years ago

Yes, I came here to post about this ... you gals are early, lol :) The Postal Strike has been fairly inconvenient and nothing has been getting through for a while. We are told it should be over, and I did receive my mail this morning for the first time in a while so I'm thinking that it is probably safe now! Hopefully that will be the end of it :)
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience this caused any of you, I know it is sometimes difficult to get to a post office, and then to be refused it quite frustrating...again, so sorry...

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I will try again on Friday, Cathleen! Hopefully it will be accepted this time. It's not inconvenient for me at all, I was just worried about getting your block to you in time for your birthday! :)

Melissa

• redrosey_2008
    12 years ago

I plan to mail your block to you tomorrow, June 30. Wanted to make sure it got there by your birthday. I would really like to see a picture of all your blocks when you get them... Loved your "Polka Dot Heaven" theme.... Kitty

• equilter
    12 years ago

Hi, All,
    My husband tried to mail the block on Monday and was told the strike was still on but a private company would mail it for $31.00. After reading the other messages, I'll try again on July 5th to mail it again. That's the first time I can get to the PO.
    The block was fun and a challenge. Hope you like it. I just hope you get them in time for your birthday. Eileen

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I was told this time that they'd take it, but only global express, which would run around $20. I'm not able to do that right now, so I'll wait until one of the other ladies has had some success in mailing hers & then I'll try again.

Melissa

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Cathleen,

I will try to mail your block Tuesday, July 5. Hopefully they will take it then.

Jackie

• redrosey_2008
    12 years ago

I took my block to the Post Office on June 29 and they didn't tell me anything about a strike and I mailed it just like I always do so surely do hope it reaches you...let me know, please. Thanks, Kitty

• redrosey_2008
    12 years ago

Actually I mailed it on June 30.... Kitty

• equilter
    12 years ago

I mailed your block yesterday. Our PO said the strike was over. Hope it gets to you in time for your birthday. Eileen

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I mailed your block yesterday also.

Jackie

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Oh, good! I will have your block out on Friday, Cathleen! :D

Melissa

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Cathleen,

Your block went in today's mail. PO said service was resuming but may be slower due to backlog. Hope it reaches you in time for your birthday!

Deanna

• cziga
    12 years ago

The Postal Strike is definitely over but some things might be slower because of the backup ... no worries about them being a little late, it is absolutely no problem at all! :) Please don't mail them express, or private or anything expensive ... just hold off a couple days and wait till your post office will take them regular!! Being a little late will just extend the birthday fun and I wouldn't want anyone to spend that much mailing a birthday block just to have it arrive on time!

Now that it is July, I am getting excited for my birthday :) I will let you all know when they start to arrive ...

• tdsully
    12 years ago

I mailed your block today, Thursday July 7. This was fun, I really liked the polka dots. At first I wasn't sure but after I started playing with the fabric, I had a difficult time trying to narrow down which fabrics to use. Hope you have a great birthday. Tara

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Cathleen, I'm sending out your block today. May be a little early, but it beats being late! :))

• paulah_gardener
    12 years ago

Cathleen, Mailed your birthday block yesterday 7-11-11. Hope you get it on time. Paula

• wynative
    12 years ago

Your package is on its way - custom papered and all LOL
    Marie

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Cathleen,
    I mailed your block yesterday and I appologize that I didn't remember sooner that you lived in Canada. It has been packaged for a very long time and I didn't check it until early in the week, I was thinking your BD was the 27th.--wrong. My DH reminded me that there has been a postal strike. I hope it comes on time but if it doesn't have a great day anyhow. My BD lasted for months and I loved every minute, at my age I like the extra time.

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

Cathleen, just mailed your block this morning. It will probably be late. Have a happy bday.
    Vasu

• cziga
    12 years ago

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and say thank you to Kitty and Kristene for my first two birthday blocks of the "Polka Dog heaven" theme, lol!! I love the fabrics you both chose to use, and it looks like this is going to be loads of fun to put together :) Kristene, thank you for the extra pieces for borders, they will certainly come in very handy and Kitty, thank you so much for the second block as well. Using a second block as a "tuck-in" is a great idea and I might have to borrow that next year as sending tuck-ins across the border can limit what you choose to include.

Thank you both for the beautiful blocks and I can't wait to see what everyone came up with.

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Glad the blocks are starting to arrive. Hope you just had a "typo" in your message, as I thought we were sending 'polka dots' not polka dogs'!!!!!

Kristene

• redrosey_2008
    12 years ago

Glad to hear you got your blocks.....enjoy!!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Cathleen,
    Happy Birthday to you!

This is from all your Birthday Block Exchange friends - have a wonderful day and Make a Wish for something special.

In honor of it being your birthday, you are our special quilter of the day!

Jeanne

• equilter
    12 years ago

Hi,Cathleen,
    Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day and I hope you block arrives soon. Eileen

• cziga
    12 years ago

Oh my, I hope I don't receive any polka DOGS :) oops!!

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes ... I actually received a whole bunch of packages right on my actual birthday which was quite a treat.

Marie/Wynative - love the fabrics with one being pink with green polka dots, and the other being the reverse green with pink polka dots!!

Tara/TDSully - Thank you for the lovely block as well as the beautiful post card (that pieced mosaic quite is amazing!!) The touches of pink in the black and white polka dot block are whimsical and fun!

Jackie/Jackier 123 - Thank you for the beautiful blocks ... 2 blocks, same pattern but very different colour schemes and both very nice. Thank you!

Paula - Thank you very much for the beautiful disappearing 9 patch block, the colours are so fresh and vibrant, I love it!!

Deanna/Faintheart - I love the birthday card, and the 2 blocks are lovely. Black/White and red are a classic combination and looks really nice. Thank you so much :)

Melissa/HazelnutBunny - Thank you for the birthday wishes. The block is a beautiful black and white polka dots and I love the swirl white-on-black fabric you chose! Thank you.

Eileen/EQuilter - Thank you for the birthday wishes as well, and the needle grabber is a great idea. I've never actually used one before, but have often wished that I had something that could grab a needle like that, lol! It will be great to use, thank you. And thank you for the block as well, the fabrics you chose are so light, summery and fun! Thank you.

Vasu - Thank you for the beautiful block, the rustic colours and swirls are lovely!! thank you so much :)

• cziga
    12 years ago

Well, that makes 10 so far and I just have to say that the rich variety of colours, polka dot fabrics and block designs that you ladies have chosen so far are really lovely. This will be a fun quilt to put together!!

A couple more to arrive and then I will post pictures of them all together :)

• cziga
    12 years ago

Oooh, well the last 2 arrived together today ...

QuiltPartner/Cindy -- Thank you for the beautiful block, I love the colours and the design is really nice, thank you!

and NanaJayne/Jayne -- I love the design you chose and the black/soft yellow polka dots (and reverse) is really striking. Thank you so much for such a beautiful block, and also for the extra piece of fabric, that is so generous of you and will really come in handy for a border etc. Thank you!! :)

And that makes all the blocks! You gals have been great and they are all really beautiful. Most of you asked me to make sure to post a photo of them all together, and I'll do that asap ... as soon as I can get the camera and photobucket together :) Thanks again, I'm really looking forward to putting this quilt together, I think "Polka Dot Heaven" will be a fun one!

• cziga
    12 years ago

I posted the photos in a separate thread so that other forum members could see them all as well ... link (should) be below :)

Thank you!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo thread

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Glad all of your blocks have been received. Great work, everyone!
    Jeanne

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia