Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Magic 9-patch quilt

grammyp
13 years ago

Here is another simple 9 patch I thought you all may like.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Magic 9 patch

Comments (21)

• cannahavana
    13 years ago

That is pretty neat!

Rebecca

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

I love it Beverly. I will have to try this.
    Linda

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Well, that's sure different! I'm gonna try that today. Looks like the 4 position should stay in the same colorway and the center, too. It almost makes me dizzy to look at with all those colors but I like how it kind of resembles butterflies. @:)

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    13 years ago

I like it. I will bookmark it. Thanks for the link.
    ~Geraldine

• gerizone5
    13 years ago

Thank you -- it is bookmarked.

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!!!! I love these quick blocks. Sharon I have to write down your instructions for the block placement so I can remember them lol!!!!

Thank you Beverly, this will make a beautiful scrappy.

Rosa

• polardream
    13 years ago

Beverly - you REALLY didn't need to post that quilt ... just one more thing to add to my list of want to makes! If I EVERY get organized, I think I will have to give this one a try.

Sue/polardream

• grammyp
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sue, we live till we finish all our quilts, right? Glad you all enjoyed it. Think I will use up some of my scraps on one.

beverly

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

A new challenge. It does look a bit more difficult then the 4/9 but a good way to use up that stash. I copied and will give a try later on. Thanks for a new idea. Jayne

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Boy, that gal's clever. What a great pattern. Even I can make that one, I think.

Thanks for sharing, Bev.

• polardream
    13 years ago

Bev, I printed the instructions & added it my "TO-DO" notebook ... guess I will live a VERRRRRRY long life when I see all the patterns & fabric I have! :)

Sue

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

I made a couple blocks this morning.....2 blocks from one 9-patch. I started with 4" squares (because that's what was at hand) and ended up with 2-9 1/2" butterfly blocks. I have to figure out in my mind how to keep a little continuity going for that effect. Pictures later.....

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

The blocks are still a little busy for my eyes but at least a bit controlled.

SharonG/FL (I need to stop being diverted and work on my list....but it was fun!)

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Can I pls. say 'ditto, ditto, ditto'.

To it's beautiful & clever, thanks for sharing it;

to will have to try it myself sometime; adding it to the list.

Am RESISTING trying it out now, as I've just realized I want to enter a Show in October & got to get working on the Show piece; a UFO, cut long ago, just needs to be assembled (a story in itself of antique fabrics into string diamonds). I will resist, I will resist (which I had not for the other recent variation of 9-4 w/ the 4 patch in the center, which I tried & posted results).

I will resist, I will resist ...

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

I Love it!!! You did a great job controlling the scrappy ~
    or....I am warming to 'scrappy'~~Oh my!
    These are definitely the bright colors I like.
    Another to try on my ever growing list. Not enough time.

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

It is a great block, thanks Sharon for giving us a great sample. Definitely will try it but can't allow myself the luxury right now. Can see some nice possibles. TFS Jayne

• grammyp
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry I side tracked you, but I love the blocks.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Sharon I like them!!!!
    Bad girl Beverly, bad girl lol!!!!!!
    Mine are wild, this block is so much fun!!! I'm making this for a 6 yo, family is going through a really ruff time. 2 out of 4 kids special needs and they are splitting up.
    The center square is jean material and the bottom is going to be the backing. I am making the blocks QAYG.
    Rosa

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

What a great pattern! I will have to add this one to my list!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

LaFonda, And, just like the D9P, various layouts.

Rosa, Your natural side is coming out in this quilt pattern....WILD! LOL But I agree with you about that Beverly. I think she just wants more quilt tops so she can play.

I've had to set this aside for now as I need to get a few other things attended to. But that doesn't keep me from cutting squares as I go along. @:)

SharonG/FL

• solstice98
    13 years ago

I think this would be great done in 1930's reproduction prints, plus WOW and maybe some solids to match the traditional colors in the prints.

Kate