Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fran1523

My term is over!!!

fran1523
11 years ago

I've been president of my quilt guild for two years and last night was my final meeting. It's so good to have that responsibility behind me. They gave me a big basket full of fat quarters, patterns, notions and other goodies. I haven't even taken the time to go through it yet. Since I'm moving this summer, I probably won't even take the time to unpack it, just throw it in a box and move it with everything else.

Comments (7)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Fran, congrats on finishing your term! Our officers are elected for a year at a time, but you can serve 2 years consecutively. I'm in my first year as treasurer, though I did 2 years several years ago.

I would never volunteer for any of the non-elected positions. Those poor ladies end up being in charge of whatever it is FOREVER! Our guild is 30 years old and I think the lady who has been chairing the grant committee has been doing it almost from the beginning.

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Fran~Congrats on selling your house. Did you find a permanent place to move?
    A 2 year term as President for your Guild is a long commitment ~ I'm sure you are happy to be done! Perfect timing for you to be able to concentrate on moving. The basket sounds very nice - it will be a nice surprise when you finally have the time to open it and play with the fabrics and 'stuff'. You may find you need a break from all the packing to enjoy this thoughtful gift. I hope you get settled soon, and we see you at Retreat!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Congratulations. I know you went into that position with some hesitation but I know you've done a great job because that's just how you are. You've served your time. Now go do something for just yourself.

Where are you moving to?

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Fran, I see how hard our guild officers work - and how much 'stuff' they put up with. Kudos for taking it on and congrats on completing your two years! Our program chair has announced that this is her last year, after several years of finding speakers and demos, and she seems thrilled to be done with it.

Kate

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Congratulations!

We turned over our board/committees last night too. Our terms are all one year, but our outgoing pres. just finished 2 years as well. The fringe benefit of being a president in our guild is a bed-sized quilt! Hers was done in an Asian theme with kimonos, fans & window blocks done with oriental fabrics.

I've stepped into the VP position for the 3rd time now...I'll be in charge of that quilt for our new president TRISH (whom some of you know from Retreat).

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Congratulations!

We turned over our board/committees last night too. Our terms are all one year, but our outgoing pres. just finished 2 years as well. The fringe benefit of being a president in our guild is a bed-sized quilt! Hers was done in an Asian theme with kimonos, fans & window blocks done with oriental fabrics.

I've stepped into the VP position for the 3rd time now...I'll be in charge of that quilt for our new president TRISH (whom some of you know from Retreat).

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Our turnover will be on June 25th. I have been co-librarian for 4 years now so have stepped down. Our presidents also do a 2 year term and we will have a new president next year. Our outgoing president is also receiving a big basket of "stuff" . In past years we made the outgoing president a quilt but Judy is a very prolific quilter and is very much into art quilts at the moment. Her favorite color is blue so everyone has donated all things blue. Fabric, trims, buttons, etc, etc, etc! I am sure we will see our little bits utilized in future projects!

Congratulations on the completion of your term and on finding a new home!

Mary

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz