The One Second Needle Test

magothyrivergirl
11 years ago

Do you think the news people tested this for us? LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: One Second Needle

Comments (11)

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

I'm sure glad someone was paid to test that out!

It's a very expensive 'self-threading' needle!! $7 for one needle...it better thread itself and take out the trash! and maybe wash the dishes too

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Is he going to sew blindfolded, too?

SharonG/FL-IN

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

LOL!!! I thought it was pricey too. But I may need one soon lol!!!
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Bring your needles and thread to retreat, Rosa. Someone's bound to have a magnifying glass. lol I shouldn't be laughing because I'm right there with you!

SharonG/FL-IN

• polardream
    11 years ago

Amazing ... don't you wish YOU had invented it and could get $7 for one needle?
    Sue

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

I'm not really sure, as a quilter, that I'd want to admit to inventing it. I think it's rather cheezy, myself and wouldn't dream of putting a price tag like that on it.

• nanny98
    11 years ago

Surprisingly, I recently told a group of sewing friends that if you place a piece of white paper behind the sewing machine needle it was more easily threaded. They all, much younger than I, were impressed.

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The price is $6.99 for a pkg of 8 needles. What I found amusing was they are a "TV" item, and the consumer watch dogs tested their claims and it was reported on my local news! LOL

There are a variety of very good self threading needles for quilters and fiber artists. Clover makes them & I bought a pkg from Sue Nickles when I took her workshop. John James is another good brand. They make burying threads fast and easy, and hiding the tails along machine applique blanket stitch on the back easy and neat.

'Spiral Eye' brand of self threading needle is a Made in America success story. The inventor licensed to Telebrands to make the One Second needle in China. I wanted to buy a few of the Spiral Eye needles at the Lancaster Quilt Show.
    The busy booth was 4 people deep and we couldn't get close enough and I ran out of patience.
    It is a great, useful product - and yes, I wish I had invented it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spiral Eye

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Did you all know there is a 'right' side and a 'wrong' side to a needle? If you are having difficulty threading a needle, turn the eye around to the other side and it should thread more easily.

Really. go ahead and try it. it's true!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Jen, Yes, I knew that and, did you know to cut your thread at an angle and not straight across? It might be just a piece of thread, but it will have an angled point to make threading the needle easier.

SharonG/FL-IN

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen ~ I did not know that! I only use the self threading needles when I am burying knots and the applique tails.