Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? June 14-16

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

I hope to get back to my machine this weekend. I haven't made anything quilty for about 2 weeks. I have a couple BOMs and a barn block to make.
Last night at quilt group we chose the rows we want to make for a row quilt. The quilt is a Robert Callaham pattern from a McCalls magazine in 2005. I am making the children but I'm going to use a different pattern because I'm not crazy about the floss hair in the pattern. (Here is a picture from the magazine)
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert's Mystery Quilt Sampler

Comments (10)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

This morning I started quilting my king size CW quilt! I had time to do about 3 passes. Only about 400 to go! :)

Tomorrow we're going to Lakeland to visit parents, but I should be able to spend most of Sunday on it.

Donna

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

I'm in the midst of applique this weekend. I'm trying an idea for a piece for the guild show. I'm not far enough along to decide if it will work so am deeply entrenched in my sample. I have a queen size top ready to mark up and pin baste but doubt I get to it this week. It doesn't have a specific home so that push isn't there.

That makes three applique projects going now so that should give me lots to take along to my Saturday desk job. I have the July Lotto blocks done so will begin planning for August.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

No quilting for me because we'l have company, but I do get to give my brother his Northern Lights quilt! Very excited about that!

• calliope
    10 years ago

I have THREE more blocks to make to finish off the Depression block quilt top. I sneaked into the sewing room for half an hour and did three of the last six. I am neck deep in garden and outdoor work and the family crisis with my BIL has started to resolve and I have my mate back home now for at least awhile. That means I may be able to finish those three last blocks off this weekend and at least have it ready to sandwich. I am quilted out for awhile. Must be. Normally I have a pattern or two dancing in my head as I am finishing a quilt off. Hasn't happened yet.

• jackier123
    10 years ago

I managed to get my group challenge quilted yesterday. I also got the binding cut for a round robin quilt from last year. I have mostly been cutting 2 inch squares for a scrappy irish chain quilt. I am trying to focus on using up my scraps lately. I think they multiply while I am not looking...

Jackie

This post was edited by jackier123 on Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 10:57

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I am still struggling with my Jenny Beyer quilt. I got the kit this spring to make my DD a quilt because she like JB. It is coming along but a challenge with the pattern arrangement. Not always what is expected. Lots of ripping.lol

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I didn't start working on the row quilt but I did start a Joann's BOM from 2000. I think I bought these kits on clearance before I had the confidence to make them. I found them when cleaning closets lately. I did the blocks for the first month yesterday.
    Linda OH

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I helped iron some for Cynthia last night. And refolded creams, whites, and grey fabrics. In the process of doing this, I cut up some fabric (which wasn't able to fold nicely) to start my own 10" layer cake set...to be used for some gifties.

I'm heading down to the studio now and would like to spend some time on my Storm At Sea... we'll see what I'll actually do, though

• qwkslver
    10 years ago

I started off Friday by supervising my granddaughter as she learned to sew (she was working on doll pillows). Saturday I worked on my husband's grandmother's unfinished pansy blocks. I put those together with 30s reproductions which almost perfectly matched the purple and yellow in the pansy blocks. She was 3 blocks short so I am having to improve with piecing to make it a full twin size. I also made a tote bag out of Pooh fabric for my daughter and grandson to carry their stuff in. All in all not bad since I also managed to work some (I work at home as a transcriptionist). A busy weekend.

• HU-191666336
    last year

Is there a possibility to get this pattern? I have been looking for parts three ,four and five for a long time. Really would like to do this quilt.

my email is ecaron242@gmail.com . waiting for a response.

thank you

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21