Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silk Batting?

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 8:10

Has anyone tried the silk batting yet? It's expensive, but it's supposed to have nice drape and be very lightweight. I'm thinking it would be good for a Florida summer weight quilt. A quilting friend led me into temptation by showing me it was on sale at Connecting Threads, so I ordered some last night. Resistance was futile.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silk Batting?

Oh no, is it still on sale? I'm heading to a meeting in a moment (deciding on setting colors for our guild's opportunity quilt), but I really want a silk queen size batt to hand quilt my Baltimore Album.
I've seen a whole cloth quilt that Harriet Hargrave did, and I can't remember if she used silk or all wool batting, but the drape was soft and light and wonderful. Silk is supposed to be a dream to hand quilt. I want to try it too.

Between our build(which still isn't done) and my dad's illness requiring my travel to FL twice in the last month, I haven't been on this forum at all. Is it too late to enter the paper-pieced blocks for the LOTTO? I got the fabrics picked and the papers printed - need to get them pieced. .... time, I need time.

o
RE: Silk Batting?

It's still on sale! 30% off! (No, I don't work for Connecting Threads.) See the link below.

You have until the end of June to submit block(s) for the 2nd quarter paper piece lotto. I understand about time constraints! Hope you can find time to enter. If you can't get your entry mailed until the end of the month, let us know and we'll hold off on the drawing for a day or two.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Silk batting on sale until 6/16

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here