Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19692457

Cute moment

User
12 years ago

I'm making a baby quilt for one of my son's friends. I had it all together and was looking for just the right shade of pink for the outside border. I'd narrowed it down to 3 choices from my stash and decided to give it a few days to consider.

I work in a LTC facility where many of my ladies were quilters or seamstresses. Margaret is quiet, rarely speaks or makes eye contact. As I was putting a clothing protector on her in preparation for breakfast I noticed her shirt. It was the PERFECT pattern and shade of pink for my quilt border. I told her about it and she started smiling. We had a nice exchange and she even laughed a little.

Each time she saw me, she would say something like, "You keep those scissors away from me!" or "You want to turn me into a baby quilt, don't you!" I brought the unfinished quilt in the next day to show her and she agreed, her shirt was perfect.

The best thing about the exchange was she started telling me about the quilts she had made in her life. And she agreed to join our sewing club.

It's in these moments I love my job.

Dianne

Comments (7)