Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilt pattern and material for bed. Discounted Robert Allen mate

Posted by maggie200 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 0:35

I want to make a matching bedspread to my curtains. I belive quilting the materal instead of making a duvet would suit me. Flat and with mathing pillows.
Whhere would I learn to do that and does anyone have pics of what they did. What do the pillows look like.
I would do it by machine.

Also, can I get Robet Allen material without a professional designer? I see it on line for much cheaper.
hugs gfor help, maggie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilt pattern and material for bed. Discounted Robert Allen

Welcome to the forum!

First of all, if you can find the fabric you want on line, buy it!

As for the pillows, you can either purchase new pillow forms at sewing or craft stores or re-cover pillows you already have. If you want edging on the pillow, do an internet search for "sham pillow instructions", then use the one you like.

Quilting your bedspread is going to be harder. Can you give us more information? What type of machine do you have and can you drop the feed dogs? What sort of design are you planning? Are you comfortable with free motion quilting or do you need a pattern?

Kate

o
RE: Quilt pattern and material for bed. Discounted Robert Allen

Thanks for the welcome. I have found sham pillow instructions and can do that. Yes, I can drop the feed on my old portable Singer. I need a pattern. Even when I did a quilt with my mom way back when and "by hand" She designed a pattern. She took the lead as she had artistic ability.If any of you learned all your sewing skills and needlepoint too from your mom or another close person you know how blessed you were/are to work side-by-side. She is gone and I finally will go it alone 30 years later without the "looks good, Toots" I got from her.
Thanks again for your help and questions. Ordered a sample of the material from The On-line Fabric Store.I hope they have a good reputation. Hugs, Maggie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here