Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lucky night for me at guild meeting!

Posted by tuppermom (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 0:22

It was the last meeting of the year tonight and we save all of out block-or-the-month draws and do them at the last meeting. I won the Dec. blocks, which were 33 Sno-globe blocks! I also won the FQ draw and came home with 15 floral FQS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lucky night for me at guild meeting!

You are so right!!!! Lucky lucky you!!!! If you decide you would rather not have the snow globes, you have my address! They are beauties!!!!

SharonG/FL-IN

o

So nice to win isn't it? Congratulations!
Theresa

o

Those are really neat! I particularly like the Currier & Ives looking one on the dark blue background! It'll make a fun quilt...just ask Marsha!

o

You are so lucky!!!! I really needed those sno globes last year ~lol~ lucky girl! You will be able to make a few quilts with your winnings.

Hoffman has a really classy free Sno globe quilt pattern.

I made up my own pattern & layout when I made my quirky Snoglobe quilt for my niece's Christmas present. I hand embroidered snowflakes in the globe part (thank you again Teresa for showing me how!) and I added additional wool batting behind the globe part to poof out the round globe - trapunto.

I am envious of your winnings! So much you can do with these blocks. I can't wait to see what you make. They are fun to work with.

Another Sno globe quilt is definitely in my future.

My completed quilt:
Photobucket

Close up of a block:
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoffman Snoglobe

o

Congratulations! It looks like you have a nice variety of snow globes. Have fun!

Donna

o

Congratulations. What a nice assortment. You will be able to make something wonderful with those. And, there's still time before the next Christmas.

o

I am sure not into Christmas kitsch, and aside from a tree with natural elements on it, and a creche on the mantle seldom decorate.............but I'd make a huge exception for a quilt made with those blocks! That's about the cutest Christmas blocks I've ever seen. Very creative. Congrats! Hey 15 FQs are noting to sneeze at either.

o

WOW! What a great win. The snow globes a wonderful and just the right time of year to begin thinking of something to used them in. You must be excited. I agree 15 FQ would make my heart beat faster.lol. Congratulations and enjoy.

o

What great winnings! How fun for you. It makes my little bag of Marimekko scraps seem kind of puny. But I'll take what I can get. Congratulations. Lois

o

Congrats!! When you're hot you're hot!! I love the snowglobes thay will make a good size quilt.

Love yours Marsha!!!
Rosa

o

I am going to have so much fun with the Snow Globes!
Marcia your snow globe quilt is lovely!

The exciting thing about winning the FQs is that I am making a quilt for the family shelter that my sister works at to be used as a raffle quilt and .....you guessed it.....it is all florals!

I don't often win anything at our guild meetings but even a single FQ in the membership draw is exciting.

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here