Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tuppermom

Lucky night for me at guild meeting!

tuppermom
11 years ago

It was the last meeting of the year tonight and we save all of out block-or-the-month draws and do them at the last meeting. I won the Dec. blocks, which were 33 Sno-globe blocks! I also won the FQ draw and came home with 15 floral FQS!

Comments (11)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

You are so right!!!! Lucky lucky you!!!! If you decide you would rather not have the snow globes, you have my address! They are beauties!!!!

SharonG/FL-IN

• nannykins
    11 years ago

So nice to win isn't it? Congratulations!
    Theresa

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Those are really neat! I particularly like the Currier & Ives looking one on the dark blue background! It'll make a fun quilt...just ask Marsha!

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

You are so lucky!!!! I really needed those sno globes last year ~lol~ lucky girl! You will be able to make a few quilts with your winnings.

Hoffman has a really classy free Sno globe quilt pattern.

I made up my own pattern & layout when I made my quirky Snoglobe quilt for my niece's Christmas present. I hand embroidered snowflakes in the globe part (thank you again Teresa for showing me how!) and I added additional wool batting behind the globe part to poof out the round globe - trapunto.

I am envious of your winnings! So much you can do with these blocks. I can't wait to see what you make. They are fun to work with.

Another Sno globe quilt is definitely in my future.

My completed quilt:

Close up of a block:

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Congratulations! It looks like you have a nice variety of snow globes. Have fun!

Donna

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Congratulations. What a nice assortment. You will be able to make something wonderful with those. And, there's still time before the next Christmas.

• calliope
    11 years ago

I am sure not into Christmas kitsch, and aside from a tree with natural elements on it, and a creche on the mantle seldom decorate.............but I'd make a huge exception for a quilt made with those blocks! That's about the cutest Christmas blocks I've ever seen. Very creative. Congrats! Hey 15 FQs are noting to sneeze at either.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

WOW! What a great win. The snow globes a wonderful and just the right time of year to begin thinking of something to used them in. You must be excited. I agree 15 FQ would make my heart beat faster.lol. Congratulations and enjoy.

• loisflan
    11 years ago

What great winnings! How fun for you. It makes my little bag of Marimekko scraps seem kind of puny. But I'll take what I can get. Congratulations. Lois

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Congrats!! When you're hot you're hot!! I love the snowglobes thay will make a good size quilt.

Love yours Marsha!!!
    Rosa

• tuppermom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am going to have so much fun with the Snow Globes!
    Marcia your snow globe quilt is lovely!

The exciting thing about winning the FQs is that I am making a quilt for the family shelter that my sister works at to be used as a raffle quilt and .....you guessed it.....it is all florals!

I don't often win anything at our guild meetings but even a single FQ in the membership draw is exciting.

Mary

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions