Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Wedding Quilt!!!

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 14 at 23:12

OK, it will actually be a wall hanging, although the bride could use it as a comfort quilt since she is 4' 10" and weighs a whopping 89 pounds. The wedding colors were gray and yellow, so that set the color for the quilt. I placed strip blocks to the reception for everyone to sign, heat set them and sewed them together, didn't like it. Took it apart and tried the gray background using corner stones with flowers from the backing, didn't like it. Took that apart and used just the gray background, liked that. Had it half quilted, didn't like it. Took that out and just SID so it looks woven. The label is the wedding invitation I printed on fabric. I will deliver it Friday when I go back to work.

photo DSCF4519_zps7040832a.jpg

photo DSCF4520_zpsabe1226f.jpg

photo 5919f5a5-d135-48f1-b340-16b0da5492aa_zpsed54e870.jpg

photo DSCF4523_zps76ffeb2d.jpg

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Wedding Quilt!!!

Nice! Lots of work and lots of trials, but it was worth it to have it come out this nice. They will love it.

Kate

o

I like the subtly of the end result. You show amazing perseverance. I'll bet the bride and groom will love it.

LindaB/CA

o

Great quilt.
You have much, much more patience than I have.
The newlyweds will treasure this quilt(wall hanging).
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Admire your perseverance in finding the "best" way to finish it up. I might have quit at the first attempt.
Really like it.
Theresa

o

Very nice, Beverly! I think I would have finished it the first way, thinking even if I didn't like it they probably would. :)

Donna

o

Nice job. I made one similar and enlarged it by putting a large carpenter star in the middle. I didn't like mine either and people signed all over the fabric, not where they were supposed to. I don't think I'll do another autograph quilt if I can help it. You made the best from a messy job. Good work. It's lovely.

o

All your trials were worth it, it looks great. You really have a lot of patience. I really like the wedding invitation on the back. I hope I can remember that if my four children ever decide to get married.

o

You do have a lot of patience! I like the colors and your final choices and I am sure the newlyweds will love it.
Love the label on the back!

o

Lovely quilt!!! Surely this will be treasured for a lifetime.

Great idea having everyone sign individual pieces and then doing the assembly...your patience paid off!

V.

o

Ahhhh, Beverly. Your perseverance is to be commended! A job well done!

SharonG/FL

o

I think it's a beautiful quilt. I love the backing fabric. Where did you buy the backing fabric? Congrats on finishing another quilt.

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

o

Nicely done! I don't think I would want to tackle a project like that - it is hard work. I had my students sign squares for one of our teachers when she retired and they had the hardest time staying inside the area assigned (you would think they were 1st graders instead of 9th graders!). Never again!

Your colors a lovely - I do love the label idea using the invitation. Nice.
Sue

o

It turned out beautiful. And I love the way you used the invitation for the label. I may borrow that idea.

Robbi

o

They will love it Beverly! I love the idea for the label too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here