Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

The Wedding Quilt!!!

grammyp
9 years ago

OK, it will actually be a wall hanging, although the bride could use it as a comfort quilt since she is 4' 10" and weighs a whopping 89 pounds. The wedding colors were gray and yellow, so that set the color for the quilt. I placed strip blocks to the reception for everyone to sign, heat set them and sewed them together, didn't like it. Took it apart and tried the gray background using corner stones with flowers from the backing, didn't like it. Took that apart and used just the gray background, liked that. Had it half quilted, didn't like it. Took that out and just SID so it looks woven. The label is the wedding invitation I printed on fabric. I will deliver it Friday when I go back to work.

beverly

Comments (14)

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Nice! Lots of work and lots of trials, but it was worth it to have it come out this nice. They will love it.

Kate

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

I like the subtly of the end result. You show amazing perseverance. I'll bet the bride and groom will love it.

LindaB/CA

• day2day
    9 years ago

Great quilt.
    You have much, much more patience than I have.
    The newlyweds will treasure this quilt(wall hanging).
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• nannykins
    9 years ago

Admire your perseverance in finding the "best" way to finish it up. I might have quit at the first attempt.
    Really like it.
    Theresa

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Very nice, Beverly! I think I would have finished it the first way, thinking even if I didn't like it they probably would. :)

Donna

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

Nice job. I made one similar and enlarged it by putting a large carpenter star in the middle. I didn't like mine either and people signed all over the fabric, not where they were supposed to. I don't think I'll do another autograph quilt if I can help it. You made the best from a messy job. Good work. It's lovely.

• bev2009
    9 years ago

All your trials were worth it, it looks great. You really have a lot of patience. I really like the wedding invitation on the back. I hope I can remember that if my four children ever decide to get married.

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

You do have a lot of patience! I like the colors and your final choices and I am sure the newlyweds will love it.
    Love the label on the back!

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Lovely quilt!!! Surely this will be treasured for a lifetime.

Great idea having everyone sign individual pieces and then doing the assembly...your patience paid off!

V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Ahhhh, Beverly. Your perseverance is to be commended! A job well done!

SharonG/FL

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I think it's a beautiful quilt. I love the backing fabric. Where did you buy the backing fabric? Congrats on finishing another quilt.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• polardream
    9 years ago

Nicely done! I don't think I would want to tackle a project like that - it is hard work. I had my students sign squares for one of our teachers when she retired and they had the hardest time staying inside the area assigned (you would think they were 1st graders instead of 9th graders!). Never again!

Your colors a lovely - I do love the label idea using the invitation. Nice.
    Sue

• Robbi D.
    9 years ago

It turned out beautiful. And I love the way you used the invitation for the label. I may borrow that idea.

Robbi

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

They will love it Beverly! I love the idea for the label too!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County