Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Combining hobbies

Posted by vanislegirl88 (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 22:18

It's my granddaughter's 17th birthday. I've got her hooked on quilting and she often comes and "shops" from my stash. Took her to a local quilt show last weekend and she was fascinated with the Mariners Compass quilts on display. We found a kiosk that was selling a pattern and had a great time going around finding fabrics that she will use to make it. So that was her birthday present. We are having her birthday dinner on Sunday, so I made her a cake with the same quilt pattern on it. I think it turned out great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Combining hobbies

You are so creative! I bet she will love it.

beverly

o

What a great idea and so well done!

o

It's beautiful! You are very talented.

Happy BD to your DGD!

Donna

o

WOW! That cake is magnificent! She will be so thrilled with it--wish I had your talent. Hope she has a great birthday.

o

Great cake! What a wonderful gift She is giving You!!! You are so lucky, and I am sure you are beaming with pride.
The Quilt Show sounds like you two had a lovely time together.
The memories of this Mariners Star will last forever.
Post pictures of her progress.
Happy Birthday to her!

o

Wow!!! It even looks quilted! She will surely appreciate all your attention to detail.

SharonG/FL

o

Fantastic! You should advertize your "quilt" cakes to your quilting/crafting friends!

Teresa

o

Dittoes What a great idea and it came out beautiful

o

Awesome cake! Happy birthday to your GD - and how lucky for you that you have inspired her to join the quilting world. I wish you both many happy memories together!
Sue

o

Wow...beautiful icing work! I'm sure she'll love it. ( I'd be reluctant to cut a piece ... Lol)
V.

o

Beautiful! Cake decorating is not easy; I'm amazed at the gorgeous detail!

o

That's gorgeous!

o

Thanks everyone. I love making "meaningful" cakes for my family and friends. She loved her cake.

o

She sure looks pleased with it. Who wouldn't!! It's beautiful and it bet it tasted even better :-)

Robbi

o

oh wow...that is just awesome!!! What a beautiful girl AND cake!

o

A beautiful cake, a beautiful GD, and a beautiful relationship. Who could ask for anything more.

o

Great idea and an awesome cake. Your GD is so pretty. She looks very like my niece at that age. I think you pleased her by that smile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here