Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tuppermom

Remebrance Civil War quilt

tuppermom
10 years ago

I was my able to get quilt top together last week at my guild retreat, with the exception of the final border.....need to find the perfect fabric for that. I was able to accomplish so much there, so very happy

Comments (19)

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

It's really beautiful. You have every right to be proud of it. Hope you find the perfect fabric you're looking for.
    LindaB/CA

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

That is gorgeous. You can be real proud of that one. Does it have a home or recipient?

• tuppermom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I want to thank everyone who participated in the Civil War FQ swap....i needed a few more fabrics to complete the blocks and received just what I needed in the swap.
    Linda B, the pattern shows a border print so am leaning towards that but will audition the fabric that I have in my stash first.
    toolgranny, this one is for me!

Maryv

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

VERY nice. I love period fabric and you used them so well. I like the pattern as well. Good choices. You should be proud. I know you will find just the right one for the border. Congratulations. TFS

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Good job!!!
    Theresa

• day2day
    10 years ago

Great job!
    Good Luck on the hunt for the perfect border.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• chickie1
    10 years ago

Fantastic! I'm working on Eleanor Burn's Underground Railroad sampler. Your quilt encourages me to keep going. What do you have on the middle square in each block?
    Darlene

• calliope
    10 years ago

Oh my........how dramatic and beautiful. Don't you love it when the fabric choices just fall into place so perfectly?

• lola99
    10 years ago

Congratulations on finishing the top. It looks great.

• tuppermom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks to all for your kind words.
    Darlene the center of each block is fussy cut from fabric that has sepia toned portraits and scenes of the Civil War.

I went through my Civil War fabric last night and have nothing suitable for the border so I guess this means a FART is in the near future!

Maryv

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Maryv, You have done an exceptional job in putting this together! It looks wonderful and I'm glad you're keeping it for yourself! You deserve it!!

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Nothing makes you feel better than a good FART! :~)
    I'm like a little kid, but hey-it's true! Definitely take your time finding the right print for the borders.

Your quilt is very pretty. Love the sepia toned centers, they caught my eye immediately. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Your lovely quilt will hold memories of your swap friends here & your Retreat friends. I'm happy you are keeping it for yourself.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Very nice! I'm sure you'll find the perfect border fabric.

Donna

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Really nice Civil War quilt! I like the block you chose for your fabrics.

Well done!

Teresa

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

It looks wonderful!

• tuppermom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your compliments!
    There is a shop about an hour away that specializes in Civil War Reproduction fabrics so will head that way next week for border fabric. My goal is to get it finished for my guild quilt show in October. I will have to consult with a couple of my longarmer friends to see what they think on how to quilt it.

Maryv

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Oh that looks so pretty! I like how it kind of has a subdued look, colorful, but not loud. Your quilt is very nicely done!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• fran1523
    10 years ago

What a beauty. I love Civil war fabrics. Can't wait to see it finished.

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

I love that you have the pictures in the middle! Love the quilt. Very nice :-)

Robbi