Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remebrance Civil War quilt

Posted by tuppermom (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 22:09

I was my able to get quilt top together last week at my guild retreat, with the exception of the final border.....need to find the perfect fabric for that. I was able to accomplish so much there, so very happy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remebrance Civil War quilt

It's really beautiful. You have every right to be proud of it. Hope you find the perfect fabric you're looking for.
LindaB/CA

o

That is gorgeous. You can be real proud of that one. Does it have a home or recipient?

o

I want to thank everyone who participated in the Civil War FQ swap....i needed a few more fabrics to complete the blocks and received just what I needed in the swap.
Linda B, the pattern shows a border print so am leaning towards that but will audition the fabric that I have in my stash first.
toolgranny, this one is for me!

Maryv

o

VERY nice. I love period fabric and you used them so well. I like the pattern as well. Good choices. You should be proud. I know you will find just the right one for the border. Congratulations. TFS

o

Good job!!!
Theresa

o

Great job!
Good Luck on the hunt for the perfect border.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Fantastic! I'm working on Eleanor Burn's Underground Railroad sampler. Your quilt encourages me to keep going. What do you have on the middle square in each block?
Darlene

o

Oh my........how dramatic and beautiful. Don't you love it when the fabric choices just fall into place so perfectly?

o

Congratulations on finishing the top. It looks great.

o

Thanks to all for your kind words.
Darlene the center of each block is fussy cut from fabric that has sepia toned portraits and scenes of the Civil War.

I went through my Civil War fabric last night and have nothing suitable for the border so I guess this means a FART is in the near future!

Maryv

o

Maryv, You have done an exceptional job in putting this together! It looks wonderful and I'm glad you're keeping it for yourself! You deserve it!!

SharonG/FL

o

Nothing makes you feel better than a good FART! :~)
I'm like a little kid, but hey-it's true! Definitely take your time finding the right print for the borders.

Your quilt is very pretty. Love the sepia toned centers, they caught my eye immediately. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Your lovely quilt will hold memories of your swap friends here & your Retreat friends. I'm happy you are keeping it for yourself.

o

Very nice! I'm sure you'll find the perfect border fabric.

Donna

o

Really nice Civil War quilt! I like the block you chose for your fabrics.

Well done!

Teresa

o

It looks wonderful!

o

Thank you all for your compliments!
There is a shop about an hour away that specializes in Civil War Reproduction fabrics so will head that way next week for border fabric. My goal is to get it finished for my guild quilt show in October. I will have to consult with a couple of my longarmer friends to see what they think on how to quilt it.

Maryv

o

Oh that looks so pretty! I like how it kind of has a subdued look, colorful, but not loud. Your quilt is very nicely done!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

What a beauty. I love Civil war fabrics. Can't wait to see it finished.

o

I love that you have the pictures in the middle! Love the quilt. Very nice :-)

Robbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here