Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you quilting this weekend? US Memorial Day

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 22:07

I made another twister quilt today. It's a small wreath, wall hanging size. Thank you new2quilting! I just had to try it after I saw your link yesterday.
Anyone else quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you quilting this weekend? US Memorial Day

Hi, Linda - I'm making miniature tops for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Last weekend I made the first 4 blocks of Nancy Rink's Civil War BOM and it had a squillion stitch & flip flying geese and square-in-a-square pieces. I sewed the corners into HSTs as I was going, so yesterday I made 4 little tops from those HSTs, and I still have enough for 2 or 3 more. I also have a bunch of blue & yellow HSTs from a previous project. I'm going to work with those today.

DH may be putting up track lighting in my sewing room this weekend, too, so I'll probably help with that. And I may help with the yard work if he wants me to. He's been under the weather for a couple of weeks.

Donna

o

Yes I am! A friend stopped by as she was visiting "local artists in the area" (ya gotta love that one!) requesting donations for an auction to save their stained-glass window.
She isn't sure if it's in June or July. I'm not only working again but I'm on a deadline! WOW it feels good to rejoin the living!! Everything seems so new and exciting this spring...I just don't know which way to run first!!LOL!
I hope we're all having a great weekend
Bon
:)

o

I just completed and sent off to Texas a quilt for my greatgranddaughter. Today I think I will relax. Since I got up this morning I ran,I mean run and still didn't make it to bathroom. I sure hope I don't have the flu. I woke up once during the nite and thought I was going to throw up.
I have my moon over the mountain cut out so will start it next week. Have a safe holiday

o

I am working on a Shakespeare in the Park quilt and birthday blocks this weekend.

Jackie

o

Bon, it's good to hear from you! I'm glad you have a project - you sound really excited about it. Have fun!

Donna

o

I have several UFOs that I am working on. I switch from one to another depending on my mood - must be why they are still UFOs! LOL
I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Jeanne

o

I made a bunch of half square triangles this morning, but then joined DH in watching Indy 500. This is the only sporting event DH EVER watches, so it's a yearly event with home made pizza and a boutique beer of his choice.

The pizza was yummy! I think I need a nap, LOL - we rarely eat that heavily for lunch.

o

I seem to do better if I don't plan on doing any sewing!!

Today I've gotten 2 skirts done for DD(3yo), 1 skirt done for DD(9yo), elastic finished in 2 pairs of pj pants for DS(6yo), and binding cut and pressed for the 2nd raffle quilt I've been doing. [Once I get it sewn on, hopefully tomorrow, someone else will stitch it down! yea!]

Have a nightshirt for DD(9) still to do...been knocking things out!

Also planted some flowers & tomatoes today and some bean seeds...Still a few more plants to go after another trip to the store.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here