Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My silent auction quilt for Selah Ranch

Posted by mary_c (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 11 at 22:02

Well, the plan might possibly change, since there is a year to complete it.....

BUT I remembered Rebecca's (cannahavana's) quilt from several years ago. It was the Depression block, done it blues and tans. I loved it!! I will post a link to a thread with it below.

So, Rebecca, I hope you don't mind, but I am totally stealing that color combination and using the Depression block. My quilt will be larger - I think it needs to be at least full bed sized, and I may make it queen sized.

This quilt will need to have a broad appeal, and who doesn't have blues and tans, or can't make them work? I think this will work better than a more "colorful" quilt (since I have at least one friend telling me her "eyes bleed" looking at my designs).

Rebecca's blue/tan is the fourth post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Depression block quilts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My silent auction quilt for Selah Ranch

I love the blue and tan Depression quilt. If you are really careful with your color placement, you can make it look almost 3D, too.

And I love colorful quilts, buy your friend some sunglasses.

beverly

o

I think it's a great choice! It will appeal to both men and women.

Donna

o

Aw, thanks Mary! That is the one I made for my husband for valentine's day last year. It hangs on my quilt rack in my living room (when not in use!).

I can't wait to see pictures when you're done!

Rebecca

o

I have heard it said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! That quilt is well worth imitation!

Have fun with the process.
Vicky

o

Mary - since I have at least one friend telling me her "eyes bleed" looking at my designs).....I'd take that as a huge compliment ~lol~
beverly - very funny comment "buy your friend some sunglasses". I am giving some quilts as gifts that are so very bright! Maybe I will include a pair of sunglasses with them. heehee

I enjoyed looking again at that thread about the Depression blocks. Rebecca's blue and tan quilt is one of my favorites. I agree, that is a great choice for the auction, blue and tan are very likable colors.

o

I'm really happy you all approve - especially Rebecca!

I just finished ordering a bunch of fabrics for the quilt, and I'm excited to get started on it.

o

I saved thwt picture of the Depression quilt too. Loved it when I first saw it and love it still. A friend recently asked me for an easy pattern that would look more complicated when it was completed and that's the one I showed her!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here