Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_c_gw

2 new projects to plan

mary_c_gw
12 years ago

Today was a good day! I took my son and his girl to a fundraising at a place called Selah ranch. One of my neighbors is the girlfriend of the owner. Girlfriend seems a silly term - she's 76 and he's in his mid eighties.

There were tours of the ranch, a fajita cookout, a raptor demonstration, and a silent auction of many handcrafted items. Really beautiful things!

So while talking to Joanna I volunteered to make them a bed sized (queen probably) for next year's auction. I did say I would declare the value, and a reserve price. I'll try to find a old fashioned pattern - so I'll take any suggestions!!

Then when we were leaving she asked if I would consider "perhaps, maybe, if you're not too busy" would I consider looking at some of David's antique quilts, and possibly recreating them for actual use on some of the beds at the ranch.

OH HECK YEAH!!

I do not want to be in business in any formal sense any more, but making a couple would put me just in the "hobby income" arena. And the auction quilt would be a straight out donation, and I can deduct the cost of my materials.

Either way, I'm excited about the prospects.

Selah Ranch is a charity we donate to regularly anyway, but this is the first year for the silent auction, so I'll be thrilled to make something that could possibly bring them more money than I usually donate.

Website for Selah, Bamberger Ranch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Selah, Bamberger Ranch

Comments (5)