Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Current Round Robin Project - PICS!

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 20:03

OK....it's done! I'm pretty pleased with this, but let me tell you - it was a bear! I spent two hours EACH on those half-timbered sections and I straight stitched all over to raw edge applique.

In these projects with my guild RR buddies, we each took a special photo, enlarged it, then cut the enlargement into 6 pieces - like a puzzle. Each member got a piece of the puzzle and had to replicate as best she could. Then the owner of the quilt will put the pieces together, sandwich and quilt. We will hang these together at the 2012 guild quilt show.

Here is my section of Patti's Paris street scene photo:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

And here is my replication in fabric of my part of her picture:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I pinned on the flowers hanging on the left and the 4th umbrella on the right. She can add them lastly or not.

Thanks for looking!
Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Current Round Robin Project - PICS!

Wow. that was a lot of work. Good job. Not sure I understand the concept but sounds interesting. TFS Jayne

o

Impressive!!! That one really got your brain cells going, eh? How'd you do the window panes....white ink? You did a great job on your portion of the quilt. Hope you show your's when you get it together....or even before. @:)

SharonG/FL-IN-MI

o

Very impressive ~ this looks like a RR for the very skilled.
This is going to be very nice. How big is this?

o

Not sure of the size of Patti's project. They all will be wall hangings - not too big.

The panes of glass were made with pale gray thread and the triple stitch on my Viking. Oh, and Pigma Pens are your friend! LOL! They cover up lots of little mistakes.

Teresa

o

At the last quilt show I attended there were about a dozen of these landscape round robins. All of them were fascinating and I would love to do this! But most of the ones I saw were not as detailed as yours; they were more like landscapes than cityscapes.

Kate

o

We have simpler landscapes and two still life photos in the mix, Kate. We're working on just one person's project at a time. Mine is still in the pieces, I haven't sewn it together yet. And I still have some detail work to do on my section for my quilt.

Teresa

o

Wow, you did an excellent job. When you give her your piece, will you be able to take pictures of the other participant's pieces too? I think I understand what this is like, but a picture of all the pieces would help me.

And/or would you show us a picture of your pieces, even before you sew it together?

It sounds like a lot of fun, but a lot of work too.

Lola

o

Very impressive - I would love to see the finished project. I enjoy seeing landscape quilts but have never attempted one.
Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here