Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mola attempt.

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 19:50

This is my attempt to do Mola applique. Still in the works. Had to teach myself to play....lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mola attempt.

Jayne, I think that's great!!! Love the colors you're using. That is just awesome!

SharonG/FL

o

LOTs of room for improvement but in as much I hadn't a clue it is fun.
Need some input as to what to do with the rest of it.

o

I think you're doing just fine. It looks like you will be a pro in no time.

o

Jayne, that's so cool! Good for you! I've seen lots of molas but never thought to actually attempt to make one. :)

Donna

o

That is so neat!!! It reminds me of that scratch off type of paper that is black on the top and when you scratch if off, there is color underneath. My kids have done it a few times and had some pretty neat designs.

Robbi

o

I'd put it under glass and frame it! I cannot imagine working with black applique like that.

If you want to fill in some of the blank areas, do a Google Image search to get some ideas.

SharonG/FL

o

How fun to learn something old, but new for you! Good for you...I agree w/ Sharon...frame it up!
V.

o

I like it! Always thought I'd try it, but never have. I bought a Hmong square in black and greens and intended to add it to a quilt. Haven't done that either ;-)

LindaB/CA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here