Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

In need of help.

grammyp
11 years ago

Ok, my friends, short story made long. DH and I are hosting a 5K, 10K, and 1/2 marathon trail run in October as a fund raiser for our Civitan Club. The name of the event is the "Forest" (Fellowship Of Runners Experiencing Sylaward Trail" Run). From the other events we have participated in and helped with, we know the runners come for the "bling". Our medals will be wooden discs with a tree branded on the front, and the year on the back. We are having a brand made similar to McCalls Pine Tree block:

{{!gwi}}

and using a different color ribbon for each event. We will have prizes for over-all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place men and women in each event (don't know what they will be yet). We will also have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place men and women in each age group (6 groups by 10 year intervals, that's 108 prizes) which will be a small seedling for them to plant. Now he would like to include a quilt as a prize to be given away in a drawing. One for men and one for women if possible.

Here is where the help comes in. I would like to make them scrappy and am seeking HSTs to make the blocks. I would like to make them at least lap size, that will be 12 blocks with 18 HSTs each, so 216 per quilt. Plus possibly some for borders. If anyone would be willing to help me by making HSTs I would so greatly appreciate it and will be more than happy to send a FQ in exchange. I would like them any color/shade green with unbleached muslin. Any size would be wonderful, as long as I can trim it to 2 1/2 inch.

If you can help out just send me an e-mail and I'll get my address out to you. Thanks so much.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: McCalls Pine Tree block

Comments (32)

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I guess the unbleached muslin is so the blocks will be consistent??
    Will look through my boxes and see what I can find.
    I know I still have lots of green left from the Jacob's Ladder.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

2 1/2" green/muslin HST's coming up.....Does 'DH' plan to work your shifts while you sew????? lol

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Beverly, I would be happy to make up some. If your address hasn't changed I have it from the BD block exchange.
    Anything else I can do to help just ask. Jayne

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I will make you some too Beverly. It will have to be next week as I leave tomorrow for the weekend. Should the green read solid?

Mary

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I think I can manage a few. Tips on the green appreciated.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have awesome friends! Thanks everyone, address is the same and there is no hurry. I have 2 more baby quilts to do so I won't be starting till at least the end of June. I think any "woodsy" green color would be just fine. No neon or extra brights for this quilt. Patterns will be just fine, once they are cut down to a 2 1/2 inch HST they will be pretty well disguised. Yes, the muslin is to help keep the blocks consistent. I'm hoping it will help the quilt blocks resemble the branded medal, too.

Wouldn't it be awesome if he would work for me so I could sew. But I'm not going to hold my breath. At least I am back to my regular schedule, not many extra days now.

Thanks so much everyone.
    beverly

PS, DD talked DH into registering us for this. We will be having fun Sept 3rd. Be sure to watch the video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Color Run

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Hmmmm...I posted last night that I could make some HST for you, but my post didn't show up.

Teresa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

I'll make some. This is easy help :~).

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Count me in!

Does anyone still have that HST full-page template that Vicky4x4 had?

Kate

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

I'll see what I have. I think all my finished HSTs are blue/beige.

But I'll try to get something for you...

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Beverly you make me tired just reading about all of your activities lol!!!!

I'm in, I just ordered some green fabric, I didn't need it (YET) but it was on sale 50% off lol!!!!

Green and unbleached will be very pretty!!!!
    Rosa

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Count me in! I'll send some HSTs to you. I love green fabric so I'm all set on that - need to stop to get some unbleached muslin though. Glad you are not in a hurry. I think all of your ideas for hosting the marathon trail run sound wonderful - how perfect for the event!

Jeanne

• lola99
    11 years ago

I'm happy to help.

Is this the HST template that you were talking about Kate?

Beverly, if I use this template, I assume you would like me to cut them apart, pull off the paper and press them, right? (I only ask because Vicky wanted hers still attached to the paper but I don't want to make extra work for you.)

Your 5k color run looks like SO much fun! If I lived anywhere near you, I'd come and do it too. :)

Lola

Here is a link that might be useful:

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

I'll make some - I had to go check my stash of greens, and I do have a couple. Do you want them on the paper template? I'm willing to do them either way.

Email me your address through my page.

• Kristene Smith
    11 years ago

I can make you some HST Beverly. Will make them this weekend and post them on Monday

Kristene

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much everyone. They are fine on the paper or just regular HSTs. Make it easy on yourself, please. I can work with anything that can be trimmed to 2 1/2 inches.

beverly

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Beverly, I have about 40 made up ready to go. More if you would like. They are addictive.lol

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jayne, 40 would be awesome. Do you have my address?

beverly

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Yup, that's the pattern! Thanks!

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I think so Beverly if it is the same as when you were in my BD group. Will try and send them next week. :)

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It is the same, thanks so much.

beverly

• buteau3rd
    11 years ago

Please count me in! I had an on-line crash, but managed to fix it last night! (by accident!) After trying for a week!

• nannykins
    11 years ago

On their way but with Cdn, postal services being so slow, the envelope probably won't get to you for at least a week (or more). Good luck with this project.
    Theresa

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much Theresa, you are quick.

beverly

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

I'm still waiting for your address, Beverly. The email through my page should work.

Thanks,
    Mary

• jackier123
    11 years ago

Beverly,

Please send your address to me. I have some HST to send you.

Jackie
    jackier123@hotmail.com

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Beverly, I have 40 ready to be mailed to you. Will let you know when they're on the way.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Sharon!

beverly

• lola99
    11 years ago

I send a bunch (32 I think) this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilts. You always do such nice work!

Lola

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

I sent out some this AM. Hope they help. Jayne

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I sent out a set of 18 this afternoon. Will see if I can get some more made in the next couple of weeks.

Mary

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I have your address now and will send mine out on Monday.