Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In need of help.

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 19:49

Ok, my friends, short story made long. DH and I are hosting a 5K, 10K, and 1/2 marathon trail run in October as a fund raiser for our Civitan Club. The name of the event is the "Forest" (Fellowship Of Runners Experiencing Sylaward Trail" Run). From the other events we have participated in and helped with, we know the runners come for the "bling". Our medals will be wooden discs with a tree branded on the front, and the year on the back. We are having a brand made similar to McCalls Pine Tree block:

Photobucket

and using a different color ribbon for each event. We will have prizes for over-all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place men and women in each event (don't know what they will be yet). We will also have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place men and women in each age group (6 groups by 10 year intervals, that's 108 prizes) which will be a small seedling for them to plant. Now he would like to include a quilt as a prize to be given away in a drawing. One for men and one for women if possible.

Here is where the help comes in. I would like to make them scrappy and am seeking HSTs to make the blocks. I would like to make them at least lap size, that will be 12 blocks with 18 HSTs each, so 216 per quilt. Plus possibly some for borders. If anyone would be willing to help me by making HSTs I would so greatly appreciate it and will be more than happy to send a FQ in exchange. I would like them any color/shade green with unbleached muslin. Any size would be wonderful, as long as I can trim it to 2 1/2 inch.

If you can help out just send me an e-mail and I'll get my address out to you. Thanks so much.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: McCalls Pine Tree block

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In need of help.

I guess the unbleached muslin is so the blocks will be consistent??
Will look through my boxes and see what I can find.
I know I still have lots of green left from the Jacob's Ladder.
Theresa

o

2 1/2" green/muslin HST's coming up.....Does 'DH' plan to work your shifts while you sew????? lol

SharonG/FL

o

Beverly, I would be happy to make up some. If your address hasn't changed I have it from the BD block exchange.
Anything else I can do to help just ask. Jayne

o

I will make you some too Beverly. It will have to be next week as I leave tomorrow for the weekend. Should the green read solid?

Mary

o

I think I can manage a few. Tips on the green appreciated.

o

I have awesome friends! Thanks everyone, address is the same and there is no hurry. I have 2 more baby quilts to do so I won't be starting till at least the end of June. I think any "woodsy" green color would be just fine. No neon or extra brights for this quilt. Patterns will be just fine, once they are cut down to a 2 1/2 inch HST they will be pretty well disguised. Yes, the muslin is to help keep the blocks consistent. I'm hoping it will help the quilt blocks resemble the branded medal, too.

Wouldn't it be awesome if he would work for me so I could sew. But I'm not going to hold my breath. At least I am back to my regular schedule, not many extra days now.

Thanks so much everyone.
beverly

PS, DD talked DH into registering us for this. We will be having fun Sept 3rd. Be sure to watch the video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Color Run

o

Hmmmm...I posted last night that I could make some HST for you, but my post didn't show up.

Teresa

o

I'll make some. This is easy help :~).

o

Count me in!

Does anyone still have that HST full-page template that Vicky4x4 had?

Kate

o

I'll see what I have. I think all my finished HSTs are blue/beige.

But I'll try to get something for you...

o

Beverly you make me tired just reading about all of your activities lol!!!!

I'm in, I just ordered some green fabric, I didn't need it (YET) but it was on sale 50% off lol!!!!

Green and unbleached will be very pretty!!!!
Rosa

o

Count me in! I'll send some HSTs to you. I love green fabric so I'm all set on that - need to stop to get some unbleached muslin though. Glad you are not in a hurry. I think all of your ideas for hosting the marathon trail run sound wonderful - how perfect for the event!

Jeanne

o

I'm happy to help.

Is this the HST template that you were talking about Kate?

Beverly, if I use this template, I assume you would like me to cut them apart, pull off the paper and press them, right? (I only ask because Vicky wanted hers still attached to the paper but I don't want to make extra work for you.)

Your 5k color run looks like SO much fun! If I lived anywhere near you, I'd come and do it too. :)

Lola

Here is a link that might be useful: HST template

o

I'll make some - I had to go check my stash of greens, and I do have a couple. Do you want them on the paper template? I'm willing to do them either way.

Email me your address through my page.

o

I can make you some HST Beverly. Will make them this weekend and post them on Monday

Kristene

o

Thank you so much everyone. They are fine on the paper or just regular HSTs. Make it easy on yourself, please. I can work with anything that can be trimmed to 2 1/2 inches.

beverly

o

Beverly, I have about 40 made up ready to go. More if you would like. They are addictive.lol

o

Jayne, 40 would be awesome. Do you have my address?

beverly

o

Yup, that's the pattern! Thanks!

o

I think so Beverly if it is the same as when you were in my BD group. Will try and send them next week. :)

o

It is the same, thanks so much.

beverly

o

Please count me in! I had an on-line crash, but managed to fix it last night! (by accident!) After trying for a week!

o

On their way but with Cdn, postal services being so slow, the envelope probably won't get to you for at least a week (or more). Good luck with this project.
Theresa

o

Thank you so much Theresa, you are quick.

beverly

o

I'm still waiting for your address, Beverly. The email through my page should work.

Thanks,
Mary

o

Beverly,

Please send your address to me. I have some HST to send you.

Jackie
jackier123@hotmail.com

o

Beverly, I have 40 ready to be mailed to you. Will let you know when they're on the way.

SharonG/FL

o

Thank you Sharon!

beverly

o

I send a bunch (32 I think) this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilts. You always do such nice work!

Lola

o

I sent out some this AM. Hope they help. Jayne

o

I sent out a set of 18 this afternoon. Will see if I can get some more made in the next couple of weeks.

Mary

o

I have your address now and will send mine out on Monday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here