Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Make a Wish Birthday Blocks - June 14 - Cindy (quiltpartner)

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

This thread is where you can post when you mail your birthday block to Cindy and where she can post to let us know which blocks are received.

Comments (20)

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Cindy,

I've finished your block and even though it's early, I'm going to post it tomorrow 13th May. Will take about 10 days to reach you, so towards the end of May.
    We had snow here last night and it's been really cold all week. Want to get your block out in case I can't get out next week.

Kristene

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Bumping back to page 1
    Kristene

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Beautiful blocks recv'd from Kristene today - 3 of them! You over-achiever, you!! I went ahead & opened it - figured since it's my un-birthday anyway, I'll do what I want!

On a more serious note --- is everyone out there OK?? With all of us spread all over the country, & the horrible storms we've had (& are still having) I'm just praying that you all are fine!!

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Glad the blocks arrived OK. I loved this block pattern - it's so easy to do - I just couldn't stop at 1! I had fun making them for you.

Re the destruction in Joplin - we are seeing this on our news here in Australia and it sure is dreadful. I do hope everyone is OK.

Kristene

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I'll be sending your block out on Tuesday, Cindy! Hope your "Birthday" month is great! :D
    Melissa

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Your block is going into the mail tomorrow.

Jackie

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Jackie's blocks arrived yesterday - cute! They go perfectly w/blocks Kristene sent. Did you 2 talk first??

Melissa I'll be on the lookout for yours. I love having this extra birthday - just relieved it doesn't come with a number attached!! LOL

~Cindy

• redrosey_2008
    12 years ago

Hi Cindy.... I am sending your blocks out today. Hope they make it by your birthday....these were fun to make. It will make a really cute quilt...enjoy. Kitty

• equilter
    12 years ago

Hi, Cindy,
    I sent your block(s) out a few days ago. Have a great day! I like the idea of no-number birthdays! Eileen

• cziga
    12 years ago

The idea of an un-birthday really is quite appealing!

I love this block ... I made one in another bday group a couple years ago and loved it then too. I think I'm going to have to find a way to make one for myself :)

Your block is done and waiting ... I will stop by the post office and put it in the mail tomorrow. I have delayed a couple days to see what was going to happen with the big Canada Post strike. It seems like they are going to be rotating strikes in different cities all over the country, so mail service shouldn't be too badly delayed or affected. Hopefully your block should get through unscathed!

• tdsully
    12 years ago

Cindy,
    I miled your block today. I wished you Happy Birthday even if it is a unbirthday. You still should have a great day!

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Cindy,
    Your BDB went out in the mail today. Have a Happy Birthday. Jayne

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

I've rec'd lots! of blocks this week! They are all so pretty, & just what I was thinking - thank you :)
    Rec'd so far from: Kristene, Kitty, Eileen, Jackie, Jayne, Melissa, Tara

I'm happy to hear that you've all enjoyed making this particular block. Sometimes it's hard to choose one, but this one is fun, simple w/out being boring, & could be made in so many different fabrics for a completely different look. Imagine it in batiks! Or how about all black & white? So geometric - & I might be tempted to throw in ONE red block - just for quirkiness' sake! lol Hmm...getting psyched here.

~Cindy

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

2 blocks rec'd today :) They go so well together! Yea! Cathleen & Paula, thank you very much!

~Cindy

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Cindy,

Your unbirthday block went in the mail today so it will be a few days late. Let me know if it arrives postage due as my postmaster squeezed it through the slot in her rate board and now that I'm home I wonder if every postmaster would be so frugal!

Have a great unbirthday filled with fun and sunshine!!!

Dee

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

The Biggest, Brightest and Happiest Non-Birthday ever to our dear friend Cindy - may all your special wishes come true!
    from all your quilting friends in the birthday block Exchange 2011

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

What a sweet message! Kristene, you never cease to amaze me! With all that you are currently dealing with to take time to post such a nice wish is a testament to your caring heart! May YOU have a wonderful peaceful day!

Love you GF!

~Cindy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Un-birthday, Cindy! Kristene is a gem and you are a treasure, too. You always fill in where needed so everyone who wants to join a birthday block group has a chance to do that.
    Un-birthdays... it reminds me of that song "A very merry un-birthday to you..." Was that from Alice in Wonderland? I think that may have been it.
    Have a great day!
    It's Flag Day here in the U.S. and I have my flag out in front of the house. Just a perfect day for that with sun and a light breeze.
    Jeanne

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

Cindy, my block went out last week. I hope you have received it. I thought I posted here after I sent out but I can't see my post.
    Vasu

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Cindy - have you received your blocks from Deanna, Vasu & Marie? It's now 2 weeks after your "unbirthday" and we haven't heard if these blocks have been received.

Kristene