Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3-D Pinwheel

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 14 at 18:02

Another UFO done. I bar tacked this one.....first time doing so and I'll do it again.

photo 3Dpinwheel3_zps2a7a9d91.jpg

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3-D Pinwheel

That's really cute. Love the pinks. Does it have a home yet?

o

Very nice! I haven't seen pinwheels in alternating colors before. It makes a very cool effect.

Donna

o

Thanks, Linda, I'll probably hang onto it until we find out if DGD is having a boy or girl......which will be a few months yet. :-)

SharonG/FL

o

Donna, I hadn't seen any either until a few years ago and liked it better. So, that's what I made! lol

SharonG/FL

o

That's cute, I love pinwheels!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

That's very sweet, Sharon. Hope your new little one is a girl so you will have your gift all ready. I like the alternating pinwheels too.

o

Cute quilt. I'm another fan of alternating pinwheels.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Fun piece, I too like the alternating pinwheels, wonderfully contrasty effect.

Question pls: Could you define bar tacking (I have an idea), but is it in place of backstitching &/or popping knots, etc?

o

Adorable! Love the pink! Love the layout! You are so imaginative.
Maybe you should make a blue one -- just in case :)

o

Love it. Very girly and fun.

LindaB/CA

o

Thanks everyone.

I might make a blue one but not like this one. Maybe all different kinds of pinwheels...although, how many can there be? I'll have to Google and see what I can find.

Bar-tacking = Zig-zagging in place. ;-)

SharonG/FL

o

Gorgeous! I really like the alternating fabrics too. Great job on the border layout too!

o

Sharon, This one is free from FabShopHop (scroll down to the bottom). Really cute, I may make it myself.
Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinwheel

o

I like that, Rosa. I'm a bit short on polka-dots....is this a good enough reason to buy more fabric? lol

SharonG/FL

o

I think so Sharon lol! I was thinking about making it to have on hand so I'm going to use my stash!

o

Very cute! I made my first 3-D pinwheels with an online McCalls BOM several years ago, what a fun technique! Congrats on a finish!!

o

That's so neat! When we did pinwheel in one of the lotto months I loved that block, but this is way cool with the alternating colors!

o

So funny how you can look at a pattern and see a different pattern. I looked at it and thought Pac Man and thought, what the heck, then starting seeing pinwheels and really got confused.

o

Bev2009, LOLOLOL.........I've been doing that for a couple of years! Maybe that's why I couldn't finish it. LOL

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here