Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Weekend quilting plans? 5/7-5/8/11

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

I probably won't do any sewing or quilting this weekend. I plan to spend time with my family. Are you quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (9)

• finchelover
    12 years ago

I am going to get my husband even-up my fabric and cut off some for me. My arthritis is giving me the "fits" and he is good at this job,Thank heavens.

• nannykins
    12 years ago

I started a Yellow Brick Road yesterday and will continue tomorrow. Instructions sound complicated but it is really quite easy once you get going.
    Theresa

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I suddenly found a wall that needs a quilt now so may do some planning and fabric fondling. But, doubt I'll get any time to actually cut and sew.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

My goal is to lay out my diamond blocks for the 2nd raffle quilt I'm making and sewing them together before Monday night's meeting. If I can do it, then I can hand it off to a quilter and be done with it! (We're awarding it June 13th so am slowly running out of time)

Plans with family on Sunday, DD has Girl scout event Sat. am, and maybe brother/SIL coming Sat. afternoon to visit... Busy busy busy

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

I finished a graduation quilt last night - or rather morning (1:00 am). I had planned on quilting another one after getting some plants in the ground - before it rains again ! :( but unexpectedly DGS came over while Dad & brother are at baseball practice & Mom is at bridal shower. So...maybe I can convince him to help with the planting & still be able to quilt after BB practice :) ! ?
    It's SO NICE outside at the moment, I hate to be inside for even a minute. But graduation & baby quilts can't (generally) be put off! :)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

This weekend I'm prepping for my recovery time after knee replacement surgery (5/16). I will be moving my primary sewing machine to the dining room table where it will be easier for me to sit. I'll get a couple of my on-going projects stacked up and ready to go, along with all the thread and other supplies I might need.
    I'm also going to cut out all the pieces for a few more of the hand applique blocks that I was working on last year! Won't that be great to get back to that project?!? I'll have that kit ready so I'll have something to do even before I can sit at the machine.
    If I can find time this week I hope to get new covers made for the cushions on the patio furniture.

Kate

• chickie1
    12 years ago

No quilting plans for this weekend. My "weekend" is Tuesday - Thursday. So my plans are to work on an Irish Chain quilt I'm making for my daughter as a wedding gift. I also hope to cut out the pieces for my birthday block friend and hopefully get that pieced up. I want to make a wall hanging to go over the tv in the living room but can't decide on pattern or color.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Yesterday I worked on my section of a quilt in the current round robin group projects. This one is a doozy: a photo image of a group of buildings in Paris; my section has a Tudor half-timbered tall building that looks like it is leaning; lots of timbers in patterns, lots of windows, and sidewalk cafe umbrellas closed up!

I finished one part of the timbered area and then my eyes gave out on me! I will post an image of my section when I finish it.

Teresa

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Hope everyone is having a Happy Mother's Day! I am doing some decorative stitching on my mom's canning jar applique lap quilt. Am using a flower stencil that I got at Hobby Lobby. The whole quilt is quilted I am just going back in the white space around the jars and doing decorative stitching with white thread.

Best to you,
    Sandra

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!