Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joan_dupuis

Labyrinth quilt

Joan Dupuis
10 years ago

Here is my latest quilt. This one was machine quilted. I'm usually too cheap to pay to have it done and hand quilt myself, but I am really pleased with it.

Comments (21)

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

It looks wonderful! I like your pattern and I'm really impressed with the quilting. I may have to try sending one out one of these days. Wanting to do the whole thing myself has added too many ufo's to my storage space!
    LindaB/CA

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

I really like the color scheme, it's stunning! Just lovely,,,
    V.

• tuppermom
    10 years ago

Beautiful! My sister has just finished making 2 Labyrinth quilts and I have put it on my someday list!

Maryv

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Stunning is the right word, V. The dark colors against the bright white looks so crisp. It really accentuates the pattern.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Impressive........I like that pattern and your color scheme works just right.
    The quilting is exceptionally nice. Your quilter did a great job.
    Great job all around. TFS

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Beautiful quilt! Very dramatic pattern and color choices. Nice work.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Your Labyrinth looks beautiful!!! The quilting is perfect. Your choice in fabric also perfect. I love it!

I have the pattern - I bought the fabric -- on a trip to the Lancaster Show with Val & Kate -- and it still sits in the bag!
    It is one of my favorite patterns -- and yours is inspiring.

• fran1523
    10 years ago

Another vote for stunning here. The colors, the quilting are all really well done. I hope you get to enjoy this one for yourself or is it being gifted to someone else.

• lindaoh_gw
    10 years ago

Love your quilt! That pattern is on my bucket list. A local shop has it done in green and hanging on the ceiling.
    Linda OH

• day2day
    10 years ago

That is beautiful!
    The colors play so well together.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

I'll echo all the other comments: great pattern, great colors, great quilting! I don't send many to the long-armer because of cost, but its always worth it!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Everything has already been said......awesome! I'm not sure how to put this, but I think it's a great pattern to showcase and make a statement using a single design. It's like a jumbo medallion! Awesome!

SharonG/FL

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

Holy Smokes! Very nice!

Faye

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

Can you tell me where you got the pattern? I want to make this quilt (queen size) and aren't finding patterns.

Thanks,
    Robbi

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Robbi, check the Stonehenge Fabrics website. I think it was originally their pattern. Or the website linked below.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Labyrinth Quilt Pattern

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Robbi, check the Stonehenge Fabrics website. I think it was originally their pattern. Or the website linked below.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Labyrinth Quilt Pattern

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

I really like that quilt! Checked out the website and found several others that I like also.......so many quilts, so little time.

Nice work!
    Teresa

• chrizty
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Love it! :)

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Teresa... My sentiments exactly... I love this quilt...another to add to the project list!
    V.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

I keep coming back to this posting and just have to tell you that I think your color selection is stunning. Not sure I would have thought to combine the colors you did but it's absolutely perfect.

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The background fabric is not totally white as the pic shows. It's more a white with very light blue leaves in it. And I can't take the credit for the color choices either. I had ordered a bunch of fabrics on-line and the batik one is the only one I really liked, so went to the fabric store and the owner, who has an eye for color, helped me pick out the other fabrics. I am really happy with the results. I don't often send my quilts out to be machine quilted, but when I see this one, the outcome outways the cost in my mind.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.